Old 08-02-2011, 10:37 AM
For Vendetta

Stoker

Who can resist the allure of a "creepy uncle" role?

Certainly not Matthew Goode, as he's signed on to play such a part in "Stoker," director Park Chan-wook's latest thriller, according to Variety.

"Stoker" tells the story of a mother (Nicole Kidman) and daughter (Mia Wasikowska) who are visited by the girl's mysterious uncle after her father passes away.

Also, Lucas Till, who wreaked Havok in "X-Men: First Class,"and Alden Ehrenreich, from Francis Ford Coppola's "Tetro" and upcoming gothy film "Twixt," are coming aboard, together with Jacki Weaver, the Oscar nominee.

While little is know about Till's character, Ehrenreich will play a jerky jock with the unfortunate name of Whip Taylor, according to Variety. Whip is "an alpha dog on the football team who's initially kind to Wasikowska's character despite the fact that his jock friends pick on her, until his kindness deteriorates."

This sounds like a bad move for good old Whip, all things considered -- for instance, the fact that Park is known for incredibly intense and creepy films like "Thirst," "Lady Vengeance," "Oldboy" and "Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance." Plus, Wasikowska's character India Stoker has a rather creepy uncle, which is never, ever a good thing.

"Prison Break" star Wentworth Miller, who wrote the script under the pseudonym Ted Foulke, describes the tale as a "thriller about an individual who preys on the innocent" -- more of a spin on Bram Stoker's "Dracula" tale rather than a traditional adaptation (in other words, don't expect Goode to sprout fangs).

Park Chan-wook, the Korean director behind the shocking revenge tale, "Oldboy," will be making his English-language debut with "Stoker." Don't expect any live squid-eating in this one, though we're sure he'll deliver something equally as intense and unexpected.

"Stoker" is Wook-Park's English language debut, and is eagerly anticipated by fans of his Vengeance Trilogy. Under his direction, "Stoker" promises to be edgy, dark and unsettling. Though it probably won't go as dark as his Korean films, it's definitely a departure for Firth and Kidman.

"Stoker" is set to begin shooting in the late spring, and is scheduled for release next year. Fans of Park's style have been eagerly awaiting his English language debut, and with such a promising script and cool cast, things are looking rightfully spooky... and awesome.
Old 02-24-2013, 10:47 AM
Evil Dead

I saw the trailer to this and it looks intense. I am going to check it out. Also this video on IMDB is pretty cool:

http://www.imdb.com/rg/s/4/title/tt1...b-vi2656871449

Last edited by horrorfangirl66; 02-24-2013 at 11:00 AM.
Old 02-25-2013, 10:01 PM
Living Dead

I want to believe in this film but the cast makes me sceptical. I tend not to enjoy Nicole Kidman's performances that much, it was ok when I was younger but re-watching films such as "The Others" she comes across as a bit stiff and transparent in her role.

I am temped to bite the bullet and go see it, it seems to be getting alot of screen time in our cinema once it's out.