Old 07-18-2008, 01:43 PM
That Hurts Me

I heard night of the demons is being remade
Old 07-26-2008, 10:02 PM
For Vendetta

- Filmmaker David Gordon Green is just a few weeks away from the release of his first studio movie, the action-comedy Pineapple Express starring Seth Rogen and James Franco, and ComingSoon.net had a chance to sit down with him at Comic-Con International to talk about his first big budget action flick. Among other things, he updated on the Suspiria remake.

"The script is finished," he told, "We're out trying to find the right supportive financial institution who wants to take a risk and make a really bold, distinctive and unique horror film. It's not the obvious... it doesn't slip naturally into the niche market of contemporary horror movies. It's something that I think has the potential to be classic and a lot more artistically-inclined than a lot of the contemporary horror stuff."

When asked about the origins of the remake, he noted, "It's an Italian production company that is developing it and it will be a European production, and doubtfully will have any American ties to it." Theoretically, they could go ahead and make the movie and then try to shop for a U. S. distributor rather than have a studio involved for the production, which Green says is probably what they would do. "We're trying to find private financing that would take the risk with us, but it's another one that it takes a lot of risk, let's say, as you can imagine from the original."

Green also confirmed that they have the cast for the movie coming together, but none that he could discolose at the moment.