Old 11-02-2003, 05:42 PM
does anybody read this?

the new phantasm movie

coscarelli's is going to make phantasm's end. it takes place in the year 2012 where the tall man has pretty enslaved the whole world. there are 3 states between new york and california. due to all of the yellow blood it has caused a terrible disease, and where it is is the plague zone. theres a a very hi-tech team that is supposed to blow up the red planet.
meanwhile, reggie goes to the plague zone to look for mike after some bad nightmares.

reportedly, coscarelli is supposed to be working with (get this) BRUCE CAMPBELL. it is supposed to combine the evil dead and phantasm movies. and there may be a a fight between ash and the tall man

go to www.phantasmsend.com
Old 11-02-2003, 05:44 PM
does anybody read this?

its supposed to come to theaters this time. they are also a little worried about funding for the film.
Old 11-02-2003, 05:50 PM
Cryptkeeper

Send a message via AIM to avenger00soul Send a message via Yahoo to avenger00soul
I talked to Reggie Bannister and he said Avery's script was just too big and they couldn't get the money they need for it. If they do make another Phantasm film, they are suppose to work from a completely different script. It sucks, some jackasses in Hollywood get all the money they need to make shit, and talent like Coscarelli and Romero get no funding whatsoever.
Old 11-02-2003, 05:58 PM
does anybody read this?

that fucking sucks cause that one sounds like it would have kicked te shit out of phantasom oblivion. i wonder if theres still going to be a collaboration with campbell
Old 11-02-2003, 06:01 PM
Cryptkeeper

Send a message via AIM to avenger00soul Send a message via Yahoo to avenger00soul
Quote:
Originally posted by crazy clown
that fucking sucks cause that one sounds like it would have kicked te shit out of phantasom oblivion. i wonder if theres still going to be a collaboration with campbell
Yeah, I was disappointed when I heard that too. Can you imagine the crazy movie that would have been? I mean, Roger Avery and Don Coscarelli making a film together. It brings a tear to my eye when I think of what could have been. I read in an interview that Coscarelli would love to work with Campbell again. I do know for sure that The Undertaker being in the film was just a rumor.

Here's to hoping for a Phantasm V.
Old 11-03-2003, 05:51 PM
does anybody read this?

as a big phantasm fan its really sad hearing this depressing news. maybe bruce and don can write a good script that can involve some of the important points of the originally proposed film. or maybe they can write an unbelievable new script that can be funded by the company.

*tear*

like you said heres to hoping
Old 11-03-2003, 07:59 PM
Evil Dead

I talked to Reggie Bannister

I'm impressed. If I ever got to talk to Reggie I would make him say my favorite line: "Okay, I see it. I see it all now. What we gotta do is snag that tall dude, and stomp the SHIT out of him, and we'll find out what the hell is goin' on up there. Yeah, we'll lay that sucker out flat and drive a stake right through his goddamn heart!"

If they do introduce Ash to the Phantasm world...
and Ash battles Jason and Freddy as the rumors have been suggesting...
then (theoretically) Jason and Freddy could meet the Tall Man.

However, I think that would be a stupid idea.
Old 11-04-2003, 03:30 PM
does anybody read this?

lets not add anymore crossovers than we need please
Old 11-07-2003, 06:35 AM
Cryptkeeper

Quote:
Originally posted by crazy clown
lets not add anymore crossovers than we need please
It wasn't a crossover film anyway, BC was playing a military type character in it, not Ash.

And, believe me, it was hard not to ask Reggie to say a couple of lines from the film.