Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > Music
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 11-14-2005, 08:53 AM
EVIL CON CARNE

Yeah!!! I love the Dictators...Faster and louder, Two tub man, Next big thing....they really kick ass but their albums are very expensive here in Spain 'cause they don't have a distribution company and you can only find it on importation for 25 euros...that sucks :mad:
Old 11-14-2005, 10:10 AM
Your funeral... my trial

I've been listening to 16 Horsepower's Secret South quite a bit lately. Fantastic record. If anyone reading this has any interest in folk music at all, I'd strongly recommend this, or any of 16hp's other records. Imagine if Nick Cave was obsessed with country and bluegrass rather than Delta blues and gospel, and you'd have an idea of what they sound like.
Old 11-14-2005, 05:57 PM
Tenant

Spoon- Kill the Moonlight
Old 11-15-2005, 04:08 PM
Misanthrope

Quote:
Originally posted by Marroe
Naw, not yet. Maybe I SHOULD make one (or ask you really nicely to :)...), I've got a cute idea for one.

My sessioning for the day was The Dead Kennedy's "Give Me Convenience Or Give Me Death"...I cleaned the house and had that going about 4 times in a row. Yeah, it was just on repeat and I was too into my cleaning to turn it, but it's also damn good music to bounce around the house to.
Yep I'd probably be able to sort you out one depending on what you want on it. I could do some sort of custom design of my own (I'll run it by you so you don't get lumped with a crappy shirt you hate) I love that DKs album they were a real important band for me growing up..... another ingredient that helped make the monster that is me :)

I've been blasting a CD with a bunch of Flux of Pink Indians stuff on it. Really cool old school punk in the vein of Crass. I really like the song They Lie We Die at the moment. I'd kinda ignored a lot of these old bands for ages cause I was more into the US Hardcore stuff but its good shit I tells ya!

Old 11-22-2005, 04:47 PM
Misanthrope

Got a copy of this the other day and can't stop listening to it: They came out of the ashes of one of my all-time favorite bands Aus-Rotten. Way cool I reckon ya'll kids should give it a try :)
Old 11-23-2005, 02:32 PM
Death by sexy

Send a message via MSN to Marroe Send a message via Yahoo to Marroe
Quote:
Originally posted by Elvis_Christ
Got a copy of this the other day and can't stop listening to it: They came out of the ashes of one of my all-time favorite bands Aus-Rotten. Way cool I reckon ya'll kids should give it a try :)
I actually saw that cd in my friends car last weekend. Would it be something I'D get into? I could prolly bum it off him for a while.

Oh yeah...I been listening to The Rolling Stones "Some Girls" a lot this week.
Old 11-23-2005, 03:35 PM
Misanthrope

Quote:
Originally posted by Marroe
Oh yeah...I been listening to The Rolling Stones "Some Girls" a lot this week.
Practicing up your Kareoke skills huh? :D The cover of that one's cool how there all dressed up in drag (not much of a change for Jagger :rolleyes: )

You probably will like Behind Enemy Lines there last album is really fuckin' amazing stuff and sums up the fucked up situation the world's in at the moment. There better than 90% of the "punk" bands out there. The Aus-Rotten (their album the Rotten Agenda is just about THE punk album in my opinon no one's really made a impact on the scene like since the DKs) legacy continues....

...but yeh I'll shut tha fuck up and stop raving..... there good so check 'em out :)
Old 11-24-2005, 02:18 AM
Evil Dead

Old 11-25-2005, 11:07 AM
Your funeral... my trial

I have that Behind Enemy Lines album, Elvis. You're right, it is a pretty good one. And this is coming from someone who doesn't even particularly like the style, as I've said before.

I've been all over some doom metal lately. Particularly My Dying Bride's Trinity and The Pale Haunt Departure by November's Doom. I have to pick up the Evoken album soon...
Old 11-25-2005, 11:24 AM
EVIL CON CARNE

It's not an album but later I will The Cult's Dvd 'mussic without fear-Live in los Angeles', Ian Astbury is one of the best frontmen I know