Old 09-17-2007, 08:35 AM
Ziggy Played Guitar

Send a message via MSN to ferretchucker Send a message via Skype™ to ferretchucker
Hills have eyes review

Well, it took me a while but I finally saw this film about a week ago and was pretty surprised to find out it wasn't shit. When I first heard about it, the first thing that popped into my head was this.

"Oh great, another remake with some guys travelling in the middle of nowhere who meet inbred cannibals."

We've seen it everywhere, but for some reason, whether it was because Craven was producing this or good acting, I was really impressed. There were several scenes that I thought were a bit silly i.e. The guy in glasses being hit with a frying pan and nearly killed by Pluto then lizard, was still able to stand up by the end of it. Another was that, Ruby, who was raised in a family of mutant, lived with the mutants, was brought up like the other mutants were and was most likely taught to kill humans, still hated what the rest of the clan did and liked humans.

Other than those two things, I loved it. I thought the story was good and, although very similar to the original, it wasn't word for word like the omen pretty much was. The Dog was definetely my favourite character and i wont pretend that I wasn't hoping the family would get out alive. I loved the music as well, really set the scene. Finally, my favourite scene was when the guy with the neck brace was killed, although the bit when the girls from hocus pocus died was good too.

Ferret Tails - 9/10

The Ferrets like it...