Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > Horror Fiction Posts
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 06-02-2004, 11:04 PM
Hellraiser

The House

Chapter 1. The plan
“That big ol’ house sure is scary!” said Josh.
“My Mom says I’m not allowed to go there.” said Amy.
“Aw, come on, it’s just an empty old house.” said Luke.
“Yea, but I heard that a kid about our age died in that house. He was murdered! They say that the person, who did it, was never caught. Heck, he might still be around!” Josh looked around him.
“That’s just a story to keep the kids out the house, man. I heard the same one. My Dad told it to me.” Luke jabbed Josh in the shoulder.
“I’m scared!” said Amy.
“There’s nothing to be scared of Amy. Tell you what. Tonight, at 7:30 we all meet back here. I’m gonna to go into that house.” said Luke.
“No, I don’t think that’s a good idea.” wined Amy.
“Yea, I’m gonna go into that house, and I’m gonna bring you something to show I was in there. Howz about that?” said Luke.
“No, I don’t want you to go in there. I don’t like that house. I’m not coming back here tonight!” said Amy.
“Don’t come back,” said Luke “see if we care! We are gonna scare the crap out of the ghosts tonight!”
“Yea” said Josh “scare the crap out of the ghosts. That’s what we’re gonna do.”

Chapter 2. 7:30
“Luke… Luke you here”
“Yea, are you ready Josh?” asked Luke.
An owl hooted.
“Shit Luke, what was that?”
“It’s just an owl scaredy cat!” said Luke
“I’m not so sure about this anymore Luke. I think maybe we should do this in the day rather.”
“What, so someone can see us, an tell our parents? Get real man, I don’t wanna get a beating for this.”
There was a rustle in the bushes behind them.
“What was that? I thought I heard something.” said Josh.
“Yea, me too. Probably just a snake or something.” said Luke.
The bushes rustled again. Both boys stood staring in the general direction.
“Where’s your flashlight? Shine it down there.” said Luke.
Josh shone his flashlight down on the bushes.
“Shit, its just Amy. What are you doing here? I thought you said you weren’t coming.” said Josh.
“I wasn’t going to. But then I decided I wanted to see what’s in that house too.”
“Well, come on then. We’ve no time to waste.” said Luke.

Chapter 3. Enter the house
They walked up to the house. The porch creaked as they went.
“Watch for holes, guys. You fall through this floor, an we’ll never be able to get you out.” said Luke.
“It’s dirty!” complained Amy.
“Well, what did you expect? No-one's been living here for a while now, you know.” said Luke “and if you’re gonna continue complaining, then maybe you should just go home.”
“No. I won’t complain no more.” said Amy.
Luke put his hand on the door handle. He twisted it, and gave the door a gentle push. It opened with a sharp squeak.
Josh shivered.
“Well, what we waiting for? Let’s go in.” said Luke.
“Yea, let’s go in.” said Josh. He looked around him one more time. Everything was quiet.
They walked into the house. The door slammed shut behind them. They all jumped around the same time.
“Whoa, hope that was just the wind!” said Luke.
“Turn your flashlights on. It’s too dam dark in here.” said Josh.
“I’m scared.” said Amy.
They turned their backs towards the door again, and shone their lights around the room. A big staircase lead up to the second floor and there were rooms off the main entrance hallway. A chandelier hung skew from the high ceiling.
“I say we go up to the second floor first.” said Luke “I heard that’s where the kid was off’d.”
They proceeded to the staircase. Huddled together, they made their way up to the second floor. As they got to the landing, the door opposite them opened slightly.
“Did you see that?” asked Josh.
“Yea, I say we go in there first.” said Luke.
“I’m staying here.” said Amy.
“You’re just a big baby!” said Luke.
“Yea, well, I’d rather be a ‘big’ baby than a ‘dead’ baby!” said Amy.
“OK, you stay out here and watch for anything. You see or hear anything, you call us. OK”
“OK”
The two boys went to the door. Luke pushed it open slowly. It creaked and moaned but opened quite easily. A cold rush of air moved past them, swirling the dust on the floor.
Amy screamed.
Josh and Luke spun around.
“What the hell did you do that for?” asked Luke.
“I thought I saw something.” said Amy “I’m really getting scared now, you guys.”
“It was nothing, just a gust of wind, was all. Don’t go getting all wobbly on us now. Please.” said Luke “Look, we’ve seen most of the house already. And there’s nothing here. We’ll just check out one or two more rooms, and then be outta here. OK.”
A door further down the landing opened. A faint shard of moonlight broke through the gloom.
“Let’s go in there next.” said Luke.
They walked up to the door. Luke gave it a shove. It swung open revealing splattered walls and floor.
They walked into the room. Luke said “What the hell is this… It looks like…”
The door slammed shut behind them. And a voice said “Blood.”
kissing it,
or trying to get it."