Old 03-06-2012, 04:48 PM
From The Beyond

Quote:
Originally Posted by shethemastercovets View Post
DEPRAVED by Bryan Smith. So much gore and evil. I need more. Anyone out there like Bryan Smith's works, could you turn me on to other novels in this genre with Smith's ability to scare you and gross you out at the same time?
For scary and gross out my fave still remains "The Wasp Factory" by Iain Banks
Old 03-06-2012, 07:59 PM
mostly ghostly?

Started rereading Catch-22.
Old 03-06-2012, 09:37 PM
Wanna Join?

Halfway through BEETHOVEN: THE UNIVERSAL COMPOSER by Edmund Morris. Superb so far.

"Within the framework of most horror tales we find a moral code so strong it would make a Puritan smile." Stephen King, DANSE MACABRE
Old 03-07-2012, 01:48 AM
Love is like dying

Haunted is a novel made up of twenty-three horrifying, hilarious, and stomach-churning stories. They’re told by people who have answered an ad for a writer’s retreat and unwittingly joined a “Survivor”-like scenario where the host withholds heat, power, and food. As the storytellers grow more desperate, their tales become more extreme, and they ruthlessly plot to make themselves the hero of the reality show that will surely be made from their plight. This is one of the most disturbing and outrageous books you’ll ever read, one that could only come from the mind of Chuck Palahniuk.

so far this is a great book, highly recommend.
Old 03-07-2012, 04:20 AM
Lord of the Dead

Just started Del Toro's THE STRAIN. It was a Christmas gift, and I'm just now starting to catch up on my reading. Looking forward to it. I've heard plenty of good things.
Old 03-07-2012, 06:23 AM
Scares Little Kids

right now i am reading "The Dream and the Underworld" by James Hillman. a little non-fiction horror, if you will. next, i hope to get into King's 'Full Dark, No Stars' after watching 'Bag of Bones', i kinda miss King ~

'The Strain' i found kinda tedious, so I do hope you like it Matthew T. sounds odd coming from a King fan, but this trend of massive 1000 page fiction hopefully comes to an end soon.

Nightface
Old 03-07-2012, 10:34 AM
Evil Dead

The Revenge Of The Hound: A Sherlock Holmes Mystery
by
Micheal Hardwick
Old 03-10-2012, 06:56 AM
Atrocity Exhibition

Neuromancer, by William Gibson

Count Zero, by William Gibson
Old 03-11-2012, 08:32 PM
Banned

The Passage - Justin Cronin

finally finished this 766 page book,doesnt sound like much but there massive pages.
any way i definatly didnt think the book had to be that long.Great story line about a man made virus that creates vampires out of people which was supposed to make invincible soldiers for the army.
kinda like dawn of the dead except vampires.the last of the human beings trying to survive.
this guy has a great way of making you think you know whats goin to happen then totaly change things.
But man big sections were unnecessarily dragged out with too much info you diddnt need to know.at times i was ready to just put the book down and start something else,but iv got this thing were i always have to finish.saying that though im glad i finished.the up in the air ending wasnt to dissapointing because i new there was a sequal "the 12"
ill give it a 6/10

Last edited by wizard of gore; 03-11-2012 at 08:57 PM.
Old 03-12-2012, 05:45 PM
Demon from Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by typicallydia View Post
next, i hope to get into King's 'Full Dark, No Stars' after watching 'Bag of Bones', i kinda miss King ~
I happen to think that Full Dark, No Stars is some of the finest work from King that we've had in years. Let me know what you think of it, particularly 1922 and A Good Marriage, those were my two favorites.