Old 03-26-2017, 09:50 PM
病気の

The Devil in the Dark, 2017. 5/10

Thumb resize.

The Girl in the Cornfield, 2016. 4/10

Thumb resize.
Old 03-27-2017, 02:54 AM
Scares Little Kids

Night Skies - a movie about alien abduction. I watched it on Amazon Prime.
3/10

The Bay - a movie about huge isopoda terrorizing a 4th of July celebration
4/10
Old 03-27-2017, 02:54 PM
Evil is Better

Shin Godzilla

Finally got a chance to see this and it's excellent. I think a lot of people aren't going to like this. Its slow and focuses a lot of the Japanese government but much like the original, which was an allegory on japans fears of the nuclear bomb in the wake of the bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki, this movie uses this in the wake of the earthquake in 2011 and the governments fears of another similar incident.

Godzilla is shown at it's most powerful and terrifying portrayed less as a destructive monster and more as a malevolent God and specific scenes of its destruction are amazing.

The story is great and builds real tension and a real feel of how todays Japan would handle and deal with Godzilla attacking. The movie doesn't shy away from stating that Godzilla does cause massive amounts of death and is seen as a real threat. It's one of the best Godzilla movies ever made and all Godzilla fans should see it.

Just don't bother if you're looking for monster fights or a similar movie to Legendarys 2014 film which was pretty mediocre in my opinion

9/10

Old 03-27-2017, 03:17 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammerfan View Post
The U.S. needs to leave it alone. I'll send you a PM about what I'm talking about.
Could you send me one too? I enjoyed the film very much and I am interested in your take on the ending.
Old 03-28-2017, 07:10 AM
Evil Dead

AMERICAN BACKWOODS:SLEW HAMPSHIRE (2013). Independent film shot in New Hampshire with very good photography and production values despite the low budget. Four College age friends take one last road trip and SPOILERS INVOLVED>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
quickly get up shit creek without a paddle as they not only encounter sadistic kidnapping rednecks, also some Beserkers in the woods. I enjoy it when a film has a sense of unease, with I feel shows talent and there is a great example of this when our guys get a sense of what kind of predicament they are in. Quickly descends into a lot of Gay Male Rape/Torture and pretty violent scenes. Flood Reed who did all the primary things for the flick with some acting also shows promise, but the rape aspect takes over too much, almost being rubbed in your face. **1/2
Old 03-28-2017, 04:22 PM
Ziggy Played Guitar

Send a message via MSN to ferretchucker Send a message via Skype™ to ferretchucker
Not perfect by any means, but one of the more inspired creature features to come out of the west in a long time. There's a particularly fantastic sequence starting with a shock and ending with a deep gulp that had me totally on edge.

The creature in particular is fantastically designed. Less teeth and fangs, more grab and crush. I genuinely feared this thing throughout the whole film - a rare feat these days.

8/10

The Ferrets like it...
Old 03-28-2017, 06:29 PM
病気の

Abattoir, 2016. 7,5/10

Thumb resize.
Old 03-28-2017, 08:24 PM
Evil Sweat

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Villain View Post
Shin Godzilla

9/10
Just saw it. Solid movie and a lot better than I expected.
Only one thing had me confused a bit

Spoiler
"At the end, where those people fused to its tail? Thought they looked a little too big to be human, compared to the tail."
Old 03-28-2017, 09:26 PM
Evil is Better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron Von Marlon View Post
Just saw it. Solid movie and a lot better than I expected.
Only one thing had me confused a bit

Spoiler
"At the end, where those people fused to its tail? Thought they looked a little too big to be human, compared to the tail."
SPOILER

In the movie its stated that Godzilla could continue to evolve by shrinking or even growing wings. It's implied by the things growing out of it's tail that had they not stopped Godzilla, mini humanoid versions of Godzilla would've begun sprouting and infesting the planet. A pretty cool change of direction in my opinion.

END OF SPOILERS

The Bye Bye Man

Well this was a mess.

It started off well. A really good opening, a nice establishment of characters and a few creepy moments. But unfortunately the characters became insufferable, the dialogue is terrible, the acting is awful, the general direction of the movie is weird, nonsensical and at other times silly. This would've been better if they went with a creepy demon type character hunting down whoever utters his name instead it made them go crazy which honestly is just a really tired trope. Its especially bad here when the movie is riddled with cliches and does nothing to add to the genre or even just present things in a different way. Avoid

3/10

Tags
movie