Old 03-31-2013, 03:16 PM
HDC Idol

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Villain View Post
I don't get why people thought it was so good. I liked it and all but found a lot wrong with it. I was expecting a lot more and ultimately was disappointed.
Could be just the opposite for me - To be honest, I didn't think it was going to be any good... And it surprised me.

Join my Facebook Horror Group!
Old 03-31-2013, 08:45 PM
Evil is Better

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronoGrl View Post
Could be just the opposite for me - To be honest, I didn't think it was going to be any good... And it surprised me.
That was probably my problem. I was expecting too much from it.

Old 04-01-2013, 12:59 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Villain View Post
That was probably my problem. I was expecting too much from it.
Same here, I actually nodded off in Cinema while watch this these and same for PA 4.
Old 04-04-2013, 07:50 AM
HDC Idol

What really stuck with me was the "found footage" - It really creeped me out... I haven't seen many Killer POV horror movies (yes I know there are a LOT of them - Just not typically my genre), so I found all of the footage to be genuinely disturbing and unsettling.

Next recommendation from Chrono:

The Revenant (2009)

I have to say - Wow. I had low expectations going into this based on a fairly mediocre review from Rue Morgue... I assumed that it was going to be just another stoner zombie buddy comedy... But it surprised me by having quite a bit of depth.

Taking a LOT of influence from Return of the Living Dead, The Revenant starts off initially as a gory comedy, but then it dissolves into a very dark, Nihilistic, and cynical place... While not a perfect movie (it does meander a bit in the middle), the end really ties it all together... And it's a damn good ending.

Not to mention, the soundtrack is killer and I can't wait until it comes out in a couple of weeks.

HIGHLY recommended and would love to hear feedback from others who've seen this.

4.75/5.

Old 04-04-2013, 10:39 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
What really stuck with me was the "found footage" - It really creeped me out... I haven't seen many Killer POV horror movies (yes I know there are a LOT of them - Just not typically my genre), so I found all of the footage to be genuinely disturbing and unsettling.
I definitely agree with you. I thought the footage was creepy. It was unsettling and disturbed me for a little while after.

Old 04-21-2013, 12:23 PM
Pirate of Bengal

No Mercy (2010)

Synopsis:
Quote:
A chopped-up body of a young woman is found near a riverbank. Korea's top forensic investigator Kang Min is brought in to look into the cruel, horrendous crime method. His medical advice and a young detective's deduction lead to the arrest of a prime suspect - an environmental activist named Lee Sung. When Lee's confession almost wraps up a seemingly easy but strange murder case then actually the real story begins; as the suspect Lee starts to play a cat & mouse game with the coroner Kang Min and his involvement moves from merely being the man supplying the pathology report to a desperate guy whose daughter untimely appears to be missing also.

From Chan-wook Park's Vengeance trilogy to recent highly intense serial killer-thrillers like THE CHASER or I SAW THE DEVIL, over the years Korean cinema has gained its reputation worldwide for showing an immense amount of bravery in terms of what it wants to tell the viewer with unpredictable storyline & shocking resolutions near the end of a movie; when the audience literally had their hands clasped over the mouth trying to hold back an irresistible stunned reaction. And this debut film from writer-director Kim Hyeong-Joon, can be classified as another addition to those 'edge of your seat movies' from Korea. It's like a true fanboy's good-honest tribute to his favorite master director's one of the greatest films or even it won't be too much exaggerating to say, it's like an unofficial, new entry to Chan-wook Park's Vengeance series just without having Mr. Park on the director's chair! But still considering everything, I won't like to put it on the same level with Park's vengeance series. Most of the part, it was like another decent version of THE CHASER but you have to wait till the twisted finale comes with a heart-breaking and devastating revelation that fairly reminded me of one of the most highly appreciated films in Park's Vengeance saga. But again I like to add overall it's not may be as much great as any of those Park films but obviously a very entertaining, delightful watch that will try best to shock you hard at the end. So be prepared who ever haven’t seen it yet.
Old 09-23-2013, 11:36 AM
HDC Idol

^^ I still haven't seen The Chaser all the way through... I thought I Saw the Devil was absolutely brilliant though (and well you know I love the Vengeance Trilogy)... I'll have to check this out.

You're Next (2011)

Really good, solid horror. Great writing - Funny dialogue and gags that were well-timed and played, this movie is not just another home invasion flick. A lot of fun to watch. I want to see it again because I sat next to people who talked through the whole time... Which is unfortunately why I don't go to the movies very much anymore.

Recommended.

The World's End (2013)

Absolute and total blast. I love these guys. Wanted to rewatch it immediately (and am considering cutting out of work to go see it again now... hmmmm....). Recommended.

Stoker (2013)

Subtle, slow-burning creepy brilliance. One of the best films of 2013. HIGHLY recommended.

Old 11-08-2013, 09:51 PM
Hellraiser

I watched Rosemary's Baby for the first time the other day. I didn't think I would enjoy it, because I'm not religious and I don't find religious horror scary. However there is something special about Rosemary's Baby; maybe its because I find the vulnerability in Mia Farrow's voice intoxicating.

The ending was so utterly and brilliantly bizarre that I have to highly recommend this movie.

Sorry if everyone has seen it before.
Old 11-12-2013, 04:28 AM
Misanthrope

Quote:
Stoker (2013)

Subtle, slow-burning creepy brilliance. One of the best films of 2013. HIGHLY recommended.
Watched this one a couple of days back and thought it was really good. Found the slow burn a bit much at first but it paid off. Definitely back this rec!
Old 12-24-2013, 08:06 PM
Evil Dead

Send a message via AIM to The Mothman
Prisoners
If you're able to suspend your disbelief at parts of the plot, the tension is non stop. Great performances especially from Hugh Jackman

Click for B-Movie reviews!