Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror.com Lobby > Horror.com General Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 11-07-2014, 07:39 PM
Little Boo

Horror news site theblood-shed.com looking for help!

Howdy, I'm John Lepper, owner of theblood-shed.com. First, check us out. If you don't like what you see, don't bother reading further. I don't ask insincere favors, I humbly request support from people who actually support us. If you like what you see, read on.

We have been going for about five months now and we are trying to expand. We believe in providing a different type of horror news experience. The former owner, Tim, who passed the site on to me described his vision as "the Howard Stern Show of horror" and that is a vision I am seeking to continue.

In these five months, we have made many great strides. We average about 500-1000 views a day, classifying us as a "staggering success" as defined by niche websites statistics for a site in its first year of operation. We have had exclusive interviews, advanced screeners, we've partnered with a small streaming service, and more! But we are still at a disadvantage.

The two big dogs are bloodydisgusting and dreadcentral and they have a decade lead on us. And while they are large, I personally feel that our writing abilities match or surpass theirs. I leave it to you to be the judge on that.

To catch up as best we can and bring the best possible experience to horror movie fans, the experience they deserve, we are trying to expand. Right now, we are doing this for free. No one is getting paid. What we are striving to do is grow to the point that we can monetize through ads and make some income. Once we can do that, we can devote more of our time to the site and produce more and better quality articles for our readers.

Bottomline: to grow we need advertising. To buy ads, we need money. We do not, however, ask for something for nothing. We are right now running a crowd funding campaign at kickstarter.com/projects/1544128054/help-theblood-shedcom-grow where we are offering some pretty cool perks. And what you see is not all that is available. We listen to our readers. If you can think of a perk that we do not have listed that would be good incentive for you to contribute, let me know and we will try to accommodate you.

Please, if there is anything you can do to help us, we greatly appreciate it. Thank you for your time!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 10003389_615698221873129_8463989091104520708_n.jpg (22.3 KB, 1 views)

Last edited by JohnnyShreck; 11-07-2014 at 07:40 PM.
Old 11-07-2014, 09:21 PM
Cranky

Here's a tip:

It would probably help your promotional efforts if you learned to make a clickable link. (Hint: you just have to enter the entire URL)

Cartoon Artwork, Underground Art, Other Weird Stuff
Old 11-07-2014, 10:50 PM
病気の

Also, I tried to register to your forum. You can't. It won't let me.