Old 09-27-2012, 08:24 AM
For Vendetta

Insane Clown Posse (ICP) sues the FBI!

Quote:
As you probably know, ICP's loyal fans call themselves Juggalos. They consider themselves a family, complete with an annual festival, and frequently paint their faces with evil clown makeup. They may look weird or scary, but as a rule, they are no more violent than any other group of teens and young adults.

Try telling that to the FBI, who, in 2011, included the Juggalos in their National Gang Threat Assessment: Emerging Trends report. Their reasoning is thin, citing only two cases in which violent felonies were attributed to "suspected" Juggalos. The report goes on to say "Most crimes committed by Juggalos are sporadic, disorganized, individualistic, and often involve simple assault, personal drug use and possession, petty theft, and vandalism."

One of the problems with being legally classified as a gang is that, in many states, if you are found to be affiliated with a gang, any crime can carry sentence enhancements. In addition, it tends to put members of gangs under higher law enforcement scrutiny and observation.

ICP was not happy with this, so they filed a request under the Freedom of Information Act, in order to get any reports or evidence that the FBI used to conclude that Juggalos were a violent emerging gang.

ICP and their legal team gave the government one month to respond to the request. When a response did not come, ICP and their legal team filed court papers in the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan "for its failure to produce any documentary evidence in support of the FBI's classification of the groups' fan base." The attorneys believe that this mistaken belief on the part of the FBI have "violated the rights of the Juggalos."

The ICP's legal team has launched JuggalosFightBack.com, a website on which Juggalos can report instances where they believe their rights have been violated because they are a Juggalo (or a Juggalette), or are suspected of being one. The legal team are hoping to gather enough evidence to expand their lawsuit.
http://gawker.com/5946200/insane-clo...-suing-the-fbi
Old 09-27-2012, 08:36 AM
Demon from Ago

Juggalos, a gang? I think not, this is ridiculous on the part of the FBI. Hope ICP wins this case by a landslide. I wouldn't consider myself a juggalo but I did listen to ICP and went to a couple of their shows and everyone there was super cool and polite.
Old 09-27-2012, 01:57 PM
Evil Dead

I hate ICP, but I will agree that it is ridiculous to believe that their fans are a "gang". This seems like something that would happen in the '50s, the fact that this is happening today is ridiculous.
Old 09-27-2012, 03:20 PM
Didn't Shoot Bill Murray

I hate ICP but I had to laugh when I read about this earlier today. If we're using these parameters to decide who is a gang then I think a number of other groups can fall into this spectrum as well. Who are they going to have a terf war with? The Sane Clown Posse?
Old 09-27-2012, 07:18 PM
Misfit

Send a message via AIM to Posher778 Send a message via MSN to Posher778 Send a message via Yahoo to Posher778
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sentinel65 View Post
I hate ICP, but I will agree that it is ridiculous to believe that their fans are a "gang". This seems like something that would happen in the '50s, the fact that this is happening today is ridiculous.

Exactly what I was going to say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by X¤MurderDoll¤X View Post
oh posher, I love you.

well as much as a girl can love a squirrely little girly man I suppose.

None of this is real
Old 09-27-2012, 10:17 PM
mostly ghostly?

That whole thing is crazy. The FBI's being a little dramatic.

Also, I would highly recommend watching this short documentary American Juggalo. It's a fascinating look into that world:

http://vimeo.com/29589320
Old 09-27-2012, 11:47 PM
Banned

FBI is just doing there job,hope thay arrest every single member of that juggalo gang.and they should send the ring leaders "ICP "to that camp where the americans send the arabs for torture
Old 09-28-2012, 08:57 AM
Little Boo

Send a message via Yahoo to RyIsPsycho
Quote:
Originally Posted by Медвежуть View Post
never heard of them before. looks like a nice group=)
http://www.ranker.com/list/10-most-v...-gibson?page=1
wow...ridiculous people.