Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Indie Horror Movies and Short Films
Register FAQ Community Calendar

View Poll Results: Would you place Dog Soldiers in your top 5 werewolf films?
DEFINITELY YES! 6 75.00%
NOT EVEN CLOSE! 2 25.00%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-19-2003, 10:24 AM
NAPOLEON_WILSON

I wouldn't really classify Wolfen as a werewolf film at all. It definitely isn't for all tastes either, but does have some nifty camera work and a little 80's gore. It's more of a supernatural film involving wolves so don't expect werewolves or you might be disappointed. For werewolf movies I'd personally say there really aren't many great ones. Full Eclipse is entertaining but I wouldn't even come close to calling it great. I'd have to put my top 5 like this in no particular order:

An American Werewolf In London
The Howling
Dog Soldiers
The Company of Wolves
The Wolfman/Curse of the Werewolf (For classic reasons)

Others worth mentioning that haven't been mentioned yet:

Bad Moon (Yes, it has some bad CGI and acting and stars Mariel Hemingway but as a film it's avove average)

Waxwork (Not primarily a werewolf film, but has an entertaining, humorous, great werewolf scene near the start of the film)
Old 11-19-2003, 12:35 PM
Cryptkeeper

Send a message via AIM to avenger00soul Send a message via Yahoo to avenger00soul
Quote:
Originally posted by NAPOLEON_WILSON
Waxwork (Not primarily a werewolf film, but has an entertaining, humorous, great werewolf scene near the start of the film)
Yes, it did have a great werewolf. Also, the one in the Monster Squad is the best one EVER.
Old 11-20-2003, 12:42 AM
Post-Moderation

Monster Squad owns. I grew up on that movie, cant find it anywhere tho. Gotta complement you on liking Silver Bullit Avenger, thats an underrated one that i really love. Got that kid from the lost boys in it too.:D
Old 11-24-2003, 04:01 PM
Cryptkeeper

Send a message via AIM to avenger00soul Send a message via Yahoo to avenger00soul
Quote:
Originally posted by Arioch
Monster Squad owns. I grew up on that movie, cant find it anywhere tho. Gotta complement you on liking Silver Bullit Avenger, thats an underrated one that i really love. Got that kid from the lost boys in it too.:D
Yes, I am a sucker for anything the Corey's did in the 80's....even Dream a Little Dream dammit!!
Old 12-01-2003, 05:23 PM
Evil Dead

Hey I am glad someone mentioned 'in the company of wolves" this movie is not for everyone.. But I love it..
a lot of people have told me that hate this movie... but the atmosphere is wonderful and to be honest this movie actually relaxes me... why.??. I have no idea....

Fulci Lives!!!!
Old 12-01-2003, 07:16 PM
Cryptkeeper

Quote:
Originally posted by Ritualistic
Hey I am glad someone mentioned 'in the company of wolves" this movie is not for everyone.. But I love it..
a lot of people have told me that hate this movie... but the atmosphere is wonderful and to be honest this movie actually relaxes me... why.??. I have no idea....
Company of Wolves had a cool transformation scene. I loved the cover of this movie when I was younger.
Old 12-24-2003, 11:16 PM
mxpxboy77

SILVER BULLET!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey guys. I'm new to this board but just wanted to say that "Silver Bullet" is my Favorite movie of all time! I actually live in Wilmington, NC and Burgaw NC where it was filmed. I have found numerous places and visited them but would like any information anyone could give me about places they know of. I know a lot of people worked as extras and such on that movie back in the 80's so PLEASE get in contact with me. I've actually worked with Everett McGill(Rev. Lowe) on a movie around 3 years ago but he told me he doesn't remember very much about doing that movie. So, if anyone out there has any ideas as to how or who I can contact to get specific locations or addresses please email me a.s.a.p. Thanks.
Old 12-25-2003, 12:03 AM
Evil Dead

Avenger, you rock, dude!!!! I envy anyone brave enough to admit they like Dream a Little Dream. That movie so rocks!!! Remember when Fieldman seduces Meredith Salenger by breakdancing. Breakdancing!!! And it actually works! What the hell!?!?! That scene goes on forever, man. And Corey Haim in that goofy cast!!!! Ah, dude that movie sucks so much it's great! Too bad the sequel was just plain bland. Back in the day, I bet Corey Haim could've nailed any 13-year-old chick on the planet. no training bra was safe from his nimble fingers!!!!

Sorry I got off track there.....I agree with everyone's werewolf picks, but don't forget The Wolf Man with Lon Chaney, Jr as poor ol' Larry Talbot. Not only did it create the lycanthropic archetype, but in my humble opinion it's the best man in a rubber suit movie ever made (even if Lon is actually only in yak hair). Curse of the Werewolf is also really cool, and Oliver Reed's werewolf just looks cool.......but, dude, Dream a Little Dream. Wowzer!!!!

Last edited by Dr.Kelvinstein; 12-25-2003 at 12:06 AM.
Old 12-25-2003, 02:33 PM
Cryptkeeper

Quote:
Originally posted by Dr.Kelvinstein
Avenger, you rock, dude!!!!
I know.