Old 04-19-2009, 10:09 AM
For Vendetta

Facebook, Myspace, Twitter...

...IM programs - such as MSN, Yahoo and others...

Are most of the HDC members busy in them lately? Facebook and Myspace seem to be the most popular choices.

The traffic to the forums has decreased remarkably in the past couple months, if not longer.

Sometimes a whole 12/24 hour phase goes by, and there's little to no activity in HDC at all - even in the General Forum.

I hope its just a passing phase. Where is everybody?
Old 04-19-2009, 10:15 AM
Foxhole Atheist

Im only on facebook but rarely go there.

I know some people who are addicted to facebook, never off the thing. Im happy to post here but couldnt be bothered spending too much time elsewhere.

The HDC facebook group doesnt see much traffic either

Battle Royalty, 2009
@Wolf_Scousemac
Old 04-19-2009, 10:17 AM
Tonight's the nght.

I'm on myspace, facebook and Twitter most of the time, if im online. I'll try to make it here more often, but i've noticed that too.
Old 04-19-2009, 10:24 AM
Evil Puppy

Weather just got nice here, lots of outside work, fixing stuff, planting, getting the house ready for summer... you know, crap.
Old 04-19-2009, 10:36 AM
Ziggy Played Guitar

Send a message via MSN to ferretchucker Send a message via Skype™ to ferretchucker
I have Bebo, Myspace, Facebook and MSN.

I use Bebo maybe once every three months.

Last time I used Myspace was about a year ago,

Since I created my Facebook account I have yet to revisit it.

I will almost never initiate a conversation on MSN. If someone talks to me, 1 out of 4 times I might reply. I just can't be bothered with all those things. I don't want to broadcast my every move to the world wide web. Because (and here's the kicker) there could be anyone in the world. How do I know there isn't a stalker who chose me. Out of the many people with internet access, I'm pretty sure there's more than a few weirdos out there. That, and I just find them boring.

I check HDC at least five times a day if I'm at home. I have no idea why there's been no posting.

The Ferrets like it...
Old 04-19-2009, 11:50 AM
Mighty HDC Drunken Pirate

To tell you the truth, I still think the board needs some forum revision. There are too many forums. Some need to be merged, some need to take a hike and we could use a few new forums that are sorely missing.

I think I've went into detail about my preferred layout, so I won't bore anyone by repeating it. All in all, it's not going to change and I think that's a shame. I honestly believe simple restructure would drive traffic way up and encourage more good new members.
Old 04-19-2009, 12:13 PM
No, fuck YOU

I've got neither and have been here all the time.

The topics just sucks, that's all.

For a scandinavian guy mostly all the topics seems to revolve around The States. I just can't relate to most of that shit.
Old 04-19-2009, 12:16 PM
For Vendetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Despare View Post
Weather just got nice here, lots of outside work, fixing stuff, planting, getting the house ready for summer... you know, crap.
Some have jobs to deal with, others have exams - school and college. Life is busy as heck.

I understand all that, but compare March & April of this year to March & April of last year and you ll see what I mean. Members' traffic to HDC has really, really thinned down for some weird reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Flayed One View Post
To tell you the truth, I still think the board needs some forum revision. There are too many forums. Some need to be merged, some need to take a hike and we could use a few new forums that are sorely missing.

I think I've went into detail about my preferred layout, so I won't bore anyone by repeating it. All in all, it's not going to change and I think that's a shame. I honestly believe simple restructure would drive traffic way up and encourage more good new members.
Could be, but the format has been a pretty good attraction for quite some time now. New members are still joining, although not posting as much. I am talking about our own regular members. Plenty are either online sporadically and not posting, or offline for long intervals.

Has HDC becoming boring, all of a sudden? I wonder...
Old 04-19-2009, 12:25 PM
Evil Dead

Send a message via MSN to missmacabre
I am on Facebook, MSN and Twitter if I am online, it's a pretty important part of school for me. Keep me in contact with everyone, even my professors are on my facebook friends.

That said, it has nothing to do with my lack of forum posts. I make it on here a few times a day to check my PMs and keep up to date with Battle Royale, but rarely have time to say anything else with my homework load. I have 2 English reports to write today (one of them isn't even mine, we traded assignments). Also a 5 page website to build in HTML by Monday at midnight, and another 5 page site with mp3 player, video player etc. in Flash by the 26th. Exams all week on top of that.

I haven't even had time to watch many horror movies, or movies at all lately. Makes it a trillion times harder for me to discuss movies when I don't have time for them. Once this week is over I will be sitting down and watching as many movies as I can so I can get in the swing of things. :)
Old 04-19-2009, 01:06 PM
Pirate of Bengal

HDC is HDC..nothing compares to it! :)