Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > Books & Fiction Writing
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 03-06-2011, 05:34 AM
Scares Little Kids

Unholy Whispers

Hi, all. Just hoping you might want to check out my book. It's now available on Kindle.

Unholy Whispers

Told with a campfire flair, Unholy Whispers is an old-fashioned ghost story possessing elements of the macabre, sadness, erotica and terror. Born in a seaside brothel, Leah's birth is an event worthy of damnation. Being raised in and by the home, she bears unending witness to mankind at its most primordial level of drunken savagery and insatiable lust. Her short life translates into a long nightmare, twelve years in duration. Then, on a stormy night, Leah is brutally murdered, along with every single harlot in the bordello at the hands of frenzied seamen.

Leah, however, refuses to go quietly into the abyss of the netherworld. She instead chooses to wait, centuries if she must, for sailors to return. And they do.

It's now 2004 and the S.S. Duff, a modern merchant vessel, finds itself laid up at port with mechanical problems. Its crew, having been long at sea and in desperate need of some "downtime," decide to search for shelter inland. They have forty-eight hours of unscheduled leave, a case of booze, and money to spend. They're going to make the best of it. So is Leah.
Old 03-06-2011, 04:44 PM
Mephistophiliac

Send a message via AIM to Doc Faustus
Not that I endorse showing up just to post one time about your book, but since you have done so, you ought to provide a link. Sticking around to talk about stuff, such as maybe suggesting ten of your favorite horror books for our upcoming list.
Old 03-06-2011, 05:53 PM
Scares Little Kids

Sigh...

For one, I just got here. Give me a chance

Two, check "indie horror." I've already left some notes on a couple of my favorite films.

I hope everyone on this board isn't as quick to judge as you seem to be.

In any event, here's my link if still interested:

http://www.amazon.com/Unholy-Whisper...tt_at_ep_dpi_3
Old 03-07-2011, 01:50 AM
Whip In My Valise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph DiFrancesco View Post
For one, I just got here. Give me a chance

Two, check "indie horror." I've already left some notes on a couple of my favorite films.

I hope everyone on this board isn't as quick to judge as you seem to be.
It's considered extremely bad etiquette to push your product first thing. I can't count the amount of people who have shown up to do just that and then disappear. Also, being rude to the HDC president won't win you any favors.:rolleyes:
Old 03-07-2011, 04:26 PM
Scares Little Kids

I'm not being rude - only defending myself.

Let's back up.

I thought introducing my book might be a nice ice-breaker. I'm an unknown writer with no agent, no marketing team, and no pretense. How else does one go about seeking exposure? And I intentionally did not include a link on my intial post feeling that it would come off too pushy. Still, I was cautioned about that, as well. ????

I only felt this might be a cool place to meet others interested in horror, perhaps even another writer/filmmaker. I, myself, enjoy discovering new work by obscure, emerging artists, and would jump at the chance to read/view a newcomer's work.

Did not mean to offend.
Old 03-07-2011, 04:42 PM
Mephistophiliac

Send a message via AIM to Doc Faustus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph DiFrancesco View Post
I'm not being rude - only defending myself.

Let's back up.

I thought introducing my book might be a nice ice-breaker. I'm an unknown writer with no agent, no marketing team, and no pretense. How else does one go about seeking exposure? And I intentionally did not include a link on my intial post feeling that it would come off too pushy. Still, I was cautioned about that, as well. ????

I only felt this might be a cool place to meet others interested in horror, perhaps even another writer/filmmaker. I, myself, enjoy discovering new work by obscure, emerging artists, and would jump at the chance to read/view a newcomer's work.

Did not mean to offend.
I had no intention to attack, only to point things out. We have a multitude of authors that show up and post once. As an author who has been on this forum for years, I find it rude. I'm glad you're actually here to participate. You're one of a vast minority. I think we should be an environment that encourages viewing the work of newcomers. I have three books in print, but am still something of a newcomer to print. But for us to be that kind of environment, we've had to be vigilant about self published authors showing up once to pimp a book then never showing up again.
Old 03-07-2011, 06:50 PM
Scares Little Kids

I understand. Thanks.
Old 03-17-2011, 05:40 AM
Wicked Witch Of The North

Send a message via MSN to BookZombie Send a message via Yahoo to BookZombie Send a message via Skype™ to BookZombie
I like the title of your book, and I do like classical campfire tale ghost stories so I might check this out, though personally I am more fond of physical books than kindle ones. Are your book available in print by any chance?

Just a suggestion folks perhaps we should make a sub forum, or a thread for authors to advertise their books. Personally I do not mind such posts but I see how others might. However a thread might be useful, a place to tell about new things one have published if one is a writer and a place where reading hungry forumites can go to hunt for new reading material.
@}->-If you are ever attacked by vampires, held hostage by aliens, haunted by angry ghosts, put on a zombie's menu, stalked by an undying killer or in other ways find yourself in a horror movie situation, never, ever go near the bathroom!-<-{@