Old 03-18-2006, 12:00 PM
Paul Timms

Help identifying old Comic/Book

Long ago in the distant past (V. late 60's or early 70's) i owned a horror comic compilation book. It had some fairly distinctive stories and i was wondering if anyone could help ID it/them. I am pretty sure it was American and contained at least 3 although possibly more stories.

One i am sure was about WWII but i can't remember anything else.

Another was about an elderly couple, they argued about his vegetables (maybe a competition) and he kills her, buries her in the garden and all his veg grow blood red. I can still remember the picture best part of 40 years on and it scared me silly then.

Finally and the one i recall the best was about a bloke who has a dream/premonition about being in the sea he is scared witless of the water and eventually locks himself in the attic away from all water sources. Cut to his mother talking to the operator saying she urgently needs help to get hold of her son (no mobile phones) as she has dreamt he'll be killed in a fire and he must surround himself with water. I am sure it cuts back to him in the house being struck by lightning and being trapped in the burning house.

Not much to go on but 2 fairly distinctive stories, they terrifed me then and i would like to see them again.

Hope someone can help.

Paul
Old 03-18-2006, 12:14 PM
Evil Dead

These sound like

Tales From The Crypt or Vault of Horror. All of which have been reprinted & are available for a reasonable price. :) Hope that helps. Wait a minute it might also have been Creepy or Errie perhaps.

Last edited by Soloman Kane; 03-18-2006 at 12:16 PM.