Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > True Crime

Old 03-12-2006, 03:26 PM
Umbra Asylum

Send a message via Yahoo to bloodrayne
Majority Of Americans Do Not Believe In Evolution

More Than Half of Americans Reject Evolution, Back Bible

New York - A Gallup report released today reveals that more than half of all Americans, rejecting evolution theory and scientific evidence, agree with the statement, "God created man exactly how Bible describes it."

Another 31% says that man did evolve, but "God guided." Only 12% back evolution and say "God had no part."

Gallup summarized it this way: "Surveys repeatedly show that a substantial portion of Americans do not believe that the theory of evolution best explains where life came from." They are "not so quick to agree with the preponderance of scientific evidence."

The report was written by the director of the The Gallup Poll, Frank Newport.

Breaking down the numbers, Gallup finds that Republican backing for what it calls "God created human beings in present form" stands at 57% with Democrats at 44%.

Support for this Bible view rises steadily with age: from 43% for those 18 to 29, to 59% for those 65 and older. It declines steadily with education, dropping from 58% for those with high school degrees to a still-substantial 25% with postgraduate degrees.

Newport wraps it up: "Several characteristics correlate with belief in the biblical explanation for the origin of humans. Those with lower levels of education, those who attend church regularly, those who are 65 and older, and those who identify with the Republican Party are more likely to believe that God created humans 'as is,' than are those who do not share these characteristics."

Gallup has asked this question, in different forms, going back to 1982, but has consistently shown support at 45% or higher for the notion that "God created man in present form."

The most recent poll, last September, posed the question this way: "Which of the following statements comes closest to your views on the origin and development of human beings." This produced the 53% who chose "God created man exactly how Bible describes it," the 31% who said man did evolve but "God guided," and the 12% who backed evolution with God playing "no part."

My Karma ran over my Dogma

God WAS my co-pilot...But, we crashed in the mountains and...I had to eat him

I'm suffocating in what's become of me...
The rancid remains of what I used to be
Old 03-13-2006, 03:33 AM
Foxhole Atheist

This is scary. Its unbelievable to think a majority of people are so blinkered they refuse to accept the truth because its inconvenient to their beliefs. Even the people behind the so-called 'intelligent design' have had the scientific community dismantle their theories.

We need to educate the religious community and quick.

Battle Royalty, 2009
@Wolf_Scousemac
Old 03-13-2006, 05:46 AM
Your funeral... my trial

It baffles me that people continue to cling to mythology in the face of hard scientific evidence. Carbon-14 dating does not lie. This is not opinion. It is fact. Frankly, I don't see why the creationists can't have it both ways. Who's to say that god didn't touch off the process of evolution? That sounds like a happy medium to me. Not what I believe, but it's a compromise.
Old 03-13-2006, 05:55 PM
Scares Little Kids

it's not worth it to try "converting" someone. let them believe what they want.
Old 03-13-2006, 07:55 PM
The Emperor of America

Send a message via AIM to The STE
hmph, they didn't ask me. Did they say where they got the people they surveyed?

===

WATCH MY MOVIES(UPDATED: 5/7/08, "No Exit")
RING OF HONOR: BEST WRESTLING IN THE WORLD

TOO GOOD FOR THE HDC BATTLE ROYALE
Old 03-14-2006, 02:02 AM
The Dork Knight

Quote:
Originally posted by noctuary
Who's to say that god didn't touch off the process of evolution? That sounds like a happy medium to me. Not what I believe, but it's a compromise.

The bible says...''you're either with me or against me''(don't know if those are the exact words but you get the idea). Simply meaning, no medium..no compromise, one or the other.
Old 03-14-2006, 03:26 AM
Horroritis

@Austin.... I hear thats a notion shared by many Scorpios......is it possible God is a Scorpio? And if so I'm going into hiding
Old 03-14-2006, 04:37 AM
The Dork Knight

Quote:
Originally posted by Dude Guadalupe
@Austin.... I hear thats a notion shared by many Scorpios......is it possible God is a Scorpio? And if so I'm going into hiding

Well, there is some evidence that insist Jesus was born in October so maybe not God, but it's possible that his son is.

I'm a Scorpio and I definately have that mentality, I also know a few(including our gfs, God help us). So I'd say it's a common personality trait amoung scorpios.
Old 03-14-2006, 09:34 AM
Evil Puppy

Carbon dating was created by man so it is fallable right? Anyway, I know the evidence and what I believe and both the bible and evolution has many flaws so I guess we'll just have to wait until we die to see the truth. It's funny that people can spend their whole lives looking for the answer to these questions and all they have to do to really find out is live out their lives. It's pointless to argue this crap isn't it? Honestly? For hundreds of years people have argued and debated these things and yet there's still no universally accepted conclusion that people will agree on. I try not to even get into it anymore because I'll just wait and see. I believe in God but I also believe in parts of evolution... I'm sure a lot of other people do but the survey probably only shows "simple" answers.
Old 03-14-2006, 09:35 AM
The Emperor of America

Send a message via AIM to The STE
Quote:
Originally posted by AUSTIN316426808
The bible says...''you're either with me or against me''(don't know if those are the exact words but you get the idea). Simply meaning, no medium..no compromise, one or the other.
but that theory wouldn't be "against" God, it would just specify as to what his method in the creation was

===

WATCH MY MOVIES(UPDATED: 5/7/08, "No Exit")
RING OF HONOR: BEST WRESTLING IN THE WORLD

TOO GOOD FOR THE HDC BATTLE ROYALE