Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > Comics

Old 03-26-2007, 10:44 PM
jdefx666

Smile

Right now, I think anything nat jones does is great! He is doing the Upcoming Death Dealer comic by Image. Also the Justice league of america, Ed benes. He's really drawing some great shit. The NEW Avengers is lookin good. And I also liked the Friday the 13th books that Widstorm is doing, the art is pretty good, better than expected, since no one puts in any real effort into those titles, usually. I just got this really cool statue of Venom from This new to and statue site called Hellish Toys, www.hellishtoys.com. If you like venom, you need to check it out. This web store has got all kinds of really cool shit for horror movies too, all kinds of action figures, prop replicas, statues, good prices too. The service was good, and I have had some shitty ones with others. You should check them out if you collect horror or comic related items.
Old 03-28-2007, 07:45 PM
my opinion counts dammit

Send a message via MSN to stubbornforgey Send a message via Yahoo to stubbornforgey
Em trying to find all the billy bunter and Archie comics
Old 03-29-2007, 02:35 AM
Evil Dead

Find everything you need at dc++
comicsunderground hub
Old 04-09-2007, 07:49 PM
Living Dead

Post reading

I am re-reading the Sandman series by neil Gaiman.These are really good.

Myspace Layouts
The Glitter Queen
Old 04-10-2007, 02:45 AM
Hellraiser

I am a big fan of the Walking Dead series by Kirkman - although a little cliche, I think they make an entertaining read! :D
Old 04-10-2007, 05:28 AM
Evil Dead

I think Kirkman has done pretty well on conversion of the ongoing saga/movie type feel into the comic format, and having kept it from falling apart after 30-something issues. While I'm not half as thrilled to get the next issue as I was when it first came out, it's still a solid read that I look foward to.

I guess I can add a few more to my list.

"The irredeemable ant-man" also by kirkman

Getting into Fables, which I initially avoided after hearing about the premise....but I've found that how they execute it and the back story very good...getting it from #1.

Avengers - The Initiative which is kinda like..."new x-men", with all new characters for the better part, kind've like avengers boot camp. Not bad...a few interesting characters, we'll see...

I've been looking into the Buffy Season 8 comic...it;s "ok", but I can't really say it's all that great so far.

Omega Flight, another alphaflight series with a new spin as a result of the "civil war" thing...looks to have potential, but every other damn alphaflight comic has been cursed to get axed sooner or later...I'll get this one though, it had a pretty good debut issue.

The Mighty Avengers is yet another avengers off-shoot. This is the "pro registration" team. Not bad, not great, I'll see about this one after a few issues.
Old 04-15-2007, 08:45 AM
Evil Dead

The series I'm currently reading are:

Cerebus
Kane
Ex Machina
Y the Last Man
DMZ
Drifting Classroom
Monster
Priest
Death Note

Sam

New horror comics each month | Vols. 1 & 2 on sale now - just $15 each.
Old 04-15-2007, 08:00 PM
Evil Dead

Trying to (again) read spawn. It seems good...maybe when I read it as a kid I lost interest on account of the amount of dialogue or something...downloaded the first 5 issues, and so far it seems pretty solid.
I don't know about all the "curse of" and "medeival" spin-offs though.
I think I'll continue with this one.

I also saw my comics hub had a new title called "adventures of spawn" in it...which is like spawn gone cartoon network. I haven't yet read it, but I'll give it a go...MAY continue.

Got the first issue of Cthulu tales: The Rising, and it looks excellent at first glance...seems like yet another quality horror/spook-out title from BOOM! Studios...seriously guys, if you see any comics from them, have a look.

Maintenance - Looks like a sci-fi/space action/comedy. Good dialogue, funny storyline...I;ll read my way through the first few issues I got and make a decision then.

Queen and Country - It's from a few years ago, but always looked like a good action/spy title. Gonna try and have a gppd read of it this time.
Old 04-22-2007, 12:35 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Got the first issue of Cthulu tales: The Rising, and it looks excellent at first glance...seems like yet another quality horror/spook-out title from BOOM! Studios...seriously guys, if you see any comics from them, have a look.
Quote:
Queen and Country - It's from a few years ago, but always looked like a good action/spy title. Gonna try and have a gppd read of it this time.
Decided against following on with these two...don't know why, they both seem great, but I find they just don't retain my interest enough to go and grab more of them. Seriously, not bad comics though.

Continuing with Spawn, got the first 30 issues now...I'm surprised to see how many high profile authors have been involved with this title, as a kid, the names meant nothing to me...now, it's like...shit...Good humour, good action, and great art.

Started getting "the savage dragon" to go along with my oldskool image collection....haven't read it so far, but it looks alright.

Battle Chasers...wow...vivid colours, and some very interesting art. Can't say the tits need to be quite so big on every SINGLE chick....but, it's a good read nonetheless. I love how it follows multiple storylines too. I look foward to reading more...it's one of those comics that really throws you into its world.
Good stuff.
Old 04-22-2007, 03:52 PM
Atrocity Exhibition

I think I'm going to start reading the original Spawn series, they have a bunch of issues at my comic store.