Old 11-10-2014, 03:01 AM
Little Boo

Old Alien Movie?

Hi people,

i'm not getting my hopes up on this one.....but a long long time ago my mother has seen a movie where some alien creature is frozen and somehow it gets free thanks to a heating blanket or something

(i would guess this is taken from The Thing but idk)

And that creature has its babies or its breed in some kind of sacks/bags hanging from the ceiling and it kills people so the little ones can feed on them

Been looking for it numerous times but couldnt find anything
Old 11-10-2014, 10:01 PM
Little Boo

I haven't watched The Thing in a long time, but I don't recall egg sacks on the ceiling or baby-critters.

Did the movie take place on earth or another planet? (Just trying to narrow the search down some more since there were a lot of Thing-esque plots)
Old 11-12-2014, 04:09 AM
Little Boo

No idea unfortunately, really was a long a time ago

Guess the movie was relatively gory

Alien in frozen in Ice, gets free, sacks with the babies and the corpses so they could feed on them

thats all my mom remembers :D

And she said it was probably a heating blanket.....so it was just my guess that this part is taken from the thing

What a mysterious movie
Old 11-13-2014, 10:07 AM
Little Boo

Okay, well I did some asking around and apparently this is The Thing. But not the one you'd expect (ie. The Thing (1982)).

The Thing from Another World (1951).
In it an electric blanket is accidentally used to cover up the frozen block containing the alien causing it to melt. And the synopsis mentions seedpods.

So I think this hits all you major points you recalled about the movie.

Last edited by MrOhNo; 11-13-2014 at 10:09 AM. Reason: clarification
Old 11-15-2014, 03:47 AM
Evil Dead

The heating blanket is very definitely The Thing From Another World,but the creature is one being and did not have babies or laid any eggs.Just a man in a suit movie but a very very good one at that.

The other things you mention are either from another movie and you have got them crossed or an entirely different movie altogether.
Old 11-15-2014, 08:34 PM
ventricle

I'm also fairly confident you're mom is putting two films together.

The part of egg sacks and stuck victims to be feed on is most likely from Aliens 86.

The heating blanket melting the alien in ice is from The Thing from Another World (1951).

You should ask her if the film was black and white, or color. That's not an easy thing to remember sometimes though.

There are other films where there are egg sacks and people bound to be be food. There's spider films that do that, but I can't think of any alien films that do that besides Aliens and it's sequels.