Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Latest Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 11-09-2015, 04:02 PM
病気の

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roiffalo View Post
Jennifer Help Us

Hat tip to Deadbeat! This was very enjoyable.

Great! I'm glad you liked it!
Old 11-09-2015, 05:43 PM
No, fuck YOU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roiffalo View Post

I knew you could do it.

Old 11-10-2015, 05:25 AM
No, fuck YOU

Thumb resize.

"Frayed" (2007) 6/10

Nasty intro, nasty ending.
Old 11-10-2015, 08:05 AM
Immortal horror fan

Army of Darkness -

I went in thinking that I wouldn't like this one as Evil Dead started off mostly serious then ventured into more comedy for the sequel. But I think Army of Darkness is the most fun and enjoyable movie of the three. It's horror comedy and feels like a big fantasy adventure or one of those Pirates of the Caribbean movies at times. With Army of Darkness you could almost skip the first two since once again there is a retelling of the first two movies with yet another actress playing the girlfriend character. And the end of Evil Dead 2 is changed a bit for the beginning of Army of Darkness.

Ash has a bunch of great lines and is funny and cool throughout the movie. This movie is where I think his character becomes iconic. Or at least popular enough to get action figures, comics, and other pop culture items. I'm going to watch it again one day. It might be something I buy down the line.

Now to watch the new TV show.

The Pyramid -

* Disclaimer - I like pretty blonde girls and Egyptian stuff. I might never go to Egypt again considering the situation there. It's been dangerous since I went years ago and it never seems to be perfectly or at least reasonably safe. I still have good memories of the country. Even though I thought I was cursed at one point! Anyway a movie about Egypt with deserts, pyramids, and exploration is a movie for me.

I can't remember if this movie was sold as found footage. But like maybe most of these movies or the ones I've seen, it gets dropped after a while for the sake of the movie. The Pyramid is not the best movie, it's not perfect. It could and should be better. Maybe they were rushed or just making it for a cash in with the found footage. I don't know. Many things about the Egyptian characters' backgrounds are historically wrong I think. I haven't studied it in years. But it has one of my favorite Egyptian characters in it and although the history is incorrect, I think they were chosen for the look over anything else. It's entertainment first and history second or of little concern. Which is a shame. As if you are going to go down a historical route it should be accurate.

The Pyramid is your basic explore a dark place and get lost story. However the pretty blonde girl gets a slasher type partial nudity underwear scene early on. Also there aren't any real unlikable characters which is cool. The odd thing is the blonde girl and her Father are both supposed to be experienced archaeologists and they are doctors. But how they get lost and what they do seems kind of silly. But this is a lost area type horror movie and one of those money talks situations I guess. Once the horror and exploration starts it seems to be influenced a bit or has some moments that reminded me of The Descent. Not enough to be a rip off but if you've seen or like The Descent you'll pick it up. Things happen, people get injured, traps, etc. I think the movie will have more effect on you if you like exploring or have explored pyramids and similar areas. It might not be the best movie but it doesn't have to be if you like the stuff I mentioned in my disclaimer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron Von Marlon View Post
How old are you if I may ask?
Kinda curious since this is the first time you saw those movies.
Does it matter? There are tons of horror and other movies that I missed. I just never got around to it, didn't know about them, or they weren't high up on the watch list. And there are other movies I watch too. I just don't review everything or post because it's not horror.
Old 11-10-2015, 10:16 AM
Evil Sweat

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalSlasher View Post
Does it matter? There are tons of horror and other movies that I missed. I just never got around to it, didn't know about them, or they weren't high up on the watch list. And there are other movies I watch too. I just don't review everything or post because it's not horror.
No, it doesn't.
Like I said, I'm just curious. Don't mean anything bad by it.
Old 11-10-2015, 11:07 AM
No, fuck YOU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron Von Marlon View Post
Don't mean anything bad by it.... Child.

Oh no you dI'nt!

Old 11-10-2015, 04:53 PM

THE SICK HOUSE 2008

A convoluted and dreary dark mess. Due to a potential biohazard a dig site is shut down. The site is an old orphanage. But overnight a....oh never mind.
Old 11-10-2015, 08:37 PM
No, fuck YOU

Thumb resize.

"Absolutely Anything" 8/10

A Monty Python movie starring Simon Pegg, how could it go wrong? Well.. it couldn't.

Not very original (Bruce Almighty), but an entertaining and amusing story throughout. Tho, I must say there's very little Python'ish about it.

Last edited by Angra; 11-10-2015 at 08:41 PM.
Old 11-11-2015, 09:16 AM
Evil Dead

Unbroken (2014)

The non-fiction novel Unbroken: A World War II Story of Survival, Resilience, and Redemption is an incredibly riveting, moving biography of Olympian and prisoner-of-war Louis Zamperini that I believe is an important book to read. Naturally, a movie based on the book was inevitable; the film adaptation does do its subject justice, even if it's only sporadically compelling. Unbroken is a bio-pic about the life of Louie Zamperini in World War II, whose bomber plane was shot down, and he was forced to survive on a raft for 47 days. He was then captured by the Japanese and placed in various camps for over two years, where he was severely abused until he was rescued at the end of the war. There are a lot of great things about Unbroken: the spectacular cinematography, breakout performances from the entire cast, an explosive opening act and some genuinely moving scenes throughout the rest of the film. Angelina Jolie directs the film in a surprisingly graceful way. Despite some obviously unpleasant war scenes present in the film, Unbroken is a beautiful movie to look at. An opportunity that the film misses, however, is the effects of the war on Louie. His battle with alcoholism and PTSD is never mentioned in the film, and although it would have made the movie longer than it already is (137 minutes), there should have been an emphasis on those ideas. Even if it doesn't resonate as strongly as it should, Unbroken is compelling enough to do justice to its subject matter and a must-watch if yo're a fan of World War II movies.

8/10
Old 11-11-2015, 10:31 AM
病気の

Last Shift, 2015. 8/10

Thumb resize.

The Babadook, 2014. 8/10

Thumb resize.

The Shrine, 2010. 7/10

Thumb resize.

Tags
movie