Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Latest Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 04-09-2007, 01:05 PM
Scares Little Kids

Jaws vs. Deep Blue Sea

Hey guys, it's me again!

I was just listening to people saying that Jaws was a really good movie, I think it being fairly on the same lines as Deep Blue Sea, I'll probably check it out for sure.

Anyways, I've seen Deep Blue Sea and it was definatly one of my favourite Horror movies (I forgot to mention it on my previous post).

So i made this thread to compare and look at the opinions of other horror movie lovers, and see which people think is better!

discuss.
Old 04-09-2007, 01:18 PM
Evil Dead

I know I will be crucified by all of you for this but I enjoyed Deep Blue Sea much more than Jaws. Jaws, in my opinion, is a very boring movie other than a few scenes and I never got into it at all. I really enjoyed Deep Blue Sea and it's a movie I could watch over and over again. The reason Jaws is so hyped is because its a classic and was really the first ever shark movie.
Old 04-09-2007, 01:19 PM
Evil Dead

Send a message via AIM to The Mothman
lmfao. jaws.

Click for B-Movie reviews!
Old 04-09-2007, 01:20 PM
Evil Dead

jaws is one of the greats. its one of those movies that psychologically affected those that saw it at the time. in the same way that psycho and blair witch did. mass avoidance of the perceived danger. with jaws the sea, with psycho the hotel shower, with blair witch the woods. you make me feel old. can't believe i'm conversing with someone who has only heard of jaws. in short, comparing the two is like comparing 2001:a space odyssey to return of the jedi. i do envy you in a way. i've seen most of the already made movies that i wanna see whereas you've obviously only scratched the surface. good luck!:)
3. suspiria
4. the exorcist
5. ringu
6. tcm
7. exorcist III
8. the omen
9. haute tension
10. creep

Old 04-09-2007, 05:21 PM
HDC Sole Survivor!!

you're joking, right? You mean a shark isn't scary, it has to be a smart shark?

Fuck that piece of shit movie.The only thing worth a damn in that one was Sam Jackson's death - which was epic and hilarious, but there is no comparison between these movies.

Jaws - 9/10

Deep Blue Sea - 5/10

"A man that studieth revenge keeps his own wounds green, which otherwise would heal and do well."
Francis Bacon
Old 04-09-2007, 05:43 PM
Evil Dead

Mostly I agree w/ Roderick, but not as passionately... Jaws is much better in my opinion. No offense but anyone who likes Deep Blue Sea better must be young. Anyone who has never seen Jaws is definitely young!

Jaws does have some bad scenes, most of which got edited out of the theatrical release. Like the killer whale that gets killed by the shark and washes up on the beach. It just seemed fake... My favorite scene is the hole in the boat and the head floating. They sort of reused that idea in Jaws III...
Old 04-09-2007, 07:03 PM
AsteroidsDoNotConcernMe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roderick Usher View Post

Fuck that piece of shit movie.

Laughing out loudnessness.

Friend....gooooood!

Old 04-10-2007, 12:29 AM
Synthetic Flesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEATHH DREAMS author View Post
Mostly I agree w/ Roderick, but not as passionately...
lmfao! :D :D
Old 04-10-2007, 02:49 AM
She's under the stairs

Deep blue sea was such a piece of crap, I can't understand why anyone bothers to still talk about it!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phalanx
Because you want his maggot ridden dick dontcha
Old 04-10-2007, 05:11 AM
Ziggy Played Guitar

Send a message via MSN to ferretchucker Send a message via Skype™ to ferretchucker
I may be only 14 but I have been a huge fan of Jaws as long as I can remember. Although it got boring in parts, the beginning was pure genius, every scene on the boat was great and the rest was good because it made it clear everyone underestimated and even doubted the existence of this shark. Jaws 2 was only 1% worse. I admit Jaws III sucked but I still rather enjoyed Jaws 4. If you haven't seen jaws or barely know of it then you really need to soon. Deep blue sea was a bit ridiculous. Super smart sharks? Yeh right.

The Ferrets like it...