Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Upcoming Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 11-16-2003, 06:32 PM
Saint of Killers

I cant seem to view the trailer, computers fucked again. Who is playing Frank Castle anyone know? Written and directed by whom? Garth Ennis is an excellent writer for this character(if your into comic books) He also did a Hulk special comic that was good, it has the Hulk throwing a tank just like in the movie, he also did a post apocalyptic comic called Just a Pilgrim which was good and then he did this little comic book series called Preacher. That would make one hell of a mini-series.

3 can keep a secret if 2 are dead.

I've never been nice my whole life....but, I'll do my best to be sweet.

I keep my standards low, so I'm never disappointed.

The next words out of your mouth better be some Mark Twain shit, cos' I am going to be chiseling it on your tombstone.

Trample the weak, Hurdle the dead.

Forgive your enemies......after they are slain.

The God I believe in aint short of cash mister.
Old 11-16-2003, 06:38 PM
Cryptkeeper

Send a message via AIM to avenger00soul Send a message via Yahoo to avenger00soul
Quote:
Originally posted by meetthecreeper
I cant seem to view the trailer, computers fucked again. Who is playing Frank Castle anyone know? Written and directed by whom? Garth Ennis is an excellent writer for this character(if your into comic books) He also did a Hulk special comic that was good, it has the Hulk throwing a tank just like in the movie, he also did a post apocalyptic comic called Just a Pilgrim which was good and then he did this little comic book series called Preacher. That would make one hell of a mini-series.
Frank will be played by Thomas Jane of Dreamcatcher fame and Travolta will play the villain. Not familiar with the director as this is his first film.
Old 11-16-2003, 07:12 PM
Evil Dead

Who exactly is the "villain" ? A character made up for the movie?
Old 11-17-2003, 04:00 PM
does anybody read this?

yea who is the villain. i like marvel comics but have only read a little bit of the punisher. i like fantastic four (if you haven't seen their movie you should consider yourself lucky) spider man, x-men, the new hawk eye series is shaping up ok, avengers are cool too.

i think that kevin smith should have wrote the daredevil movie it probably would have been better.
Old 11-19-2003, 09:46 AM
Cryptkeeper

Send a message via AIM to avenger00soul Send a message via Yahoo to avenger00soul
Re: THE PUNISHER

Quote:
Originally posted by dmihatmttl
I've just recently been getting into THE PUNISHER (thanks to a buddy who sent me the collected "Welcome Home, Frank" series), and this trailer looks *awesome!* I can't wait to see this one!

J.N.
http://members.tripod.com/~NEWMANATOR/index.html
Dmihatmttl, a friend of mine just told me that the film will be based on the Welcome Home Frank books.
Old 11-20-2003, 11:30 PM
Evil Dead

Send a message via AIM to nightbreed
Quote:
Originally posted by avenger00soul
No way, That movie is great. Dolph rules man.
youre goddamned right Dolph fucking rules. I was dissapointed to hear he wasnt gunna be in the new one.
My only beef is this, this movie better be violent as hell. This isnt spiderman, and it isnt x-men. This is frank castle the punisher who kills mutherfuckers. thats his gig. thats what he does. he kills people with guns and knives and grenades and shit. If this movie goes all "Spider-Man" on me Im going to lose it. I want to see motherfuckers get shot. I want zero remorse. I want to see him standing over their bloodied corpses smoking a cigarette, saying some metal as balls one liner, flicking the butt onto them and walking off into the shadows. In my eyes, the punisher is one of the last bad asses left.
Old 11-20-2003, 11:38 PM
warprophet

sadley im willing to bet my balls that itl be verry child friendley so to speak, i mean shit... have you seen any non horror movies being released lateley that uses the kind of violence wed all know the punisher would use? all movies are being aimed at kids these days...
Old 11-21-2003, 12:43 AM
Post-Moderation

Im with moon on this one, if hollywood is makin it, you better believe they're gonna water it down to make the most possible money from the biggest possible audiance. A marvel film rated R? lol.
Old 11-21-2003, 12:47 AM
warprophet

thats exactley what the problem with todays movies are, they are watered down to minnimum just to make more money, i mean even horror movies have an age limit 15 these days...that aint right, it should be messy.
Old 11-21-2003, 03:34 AM
Horror Fan

It'll probably be worse than The Hulk...