Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Latest Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 04-10-2015, 03:37 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angra View Post
"The Harvest" 7/10

A "horror" flick starring Michael Shannon and the possessed girl from The Possession. A decent movie altho i fail to see the horror in it.
The trailer makes it look like nothing interesting really happens until the last 20 minutes.
Old 04-10-2015, 04:26 PM
No, fuck YOU

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBossInTheWall View Post
The trailer makes it look like nothing interesting really happens until the last 20 minutes.
Well that's not true. It is slow but quite entertaining with a story that makes you wanna know what is going on (unless the trailer reveals it). The ending tho could've been more climactic. And again, I wouldn't call it a horror movie.

Last edited by Angra; 04-10-2015 at 05:03 PM.
Old 04-10-2015, 04:58 PM
Evil Dead

Impulse Black 2011

Awful. 1/10
Old 04-10-2015, 07:07 PM
Evil Dead

Today I watched nu 1 about rites sacred in small town of England in rural hills by dark dangerous forest. Much scary atmosphere was here to make for the small amount of shown horror. I like it mostly but a little long. Would watch again.
Old 04-10-2015, 09:38 PM
Evil Dead

I watched today part of unknown movie with crazy bulged eyed creature that run through warehouse and infect/kill soldiers/women. I try to finish later and get my ahole roommate to tell me english title.
Old 04-10-2015, 09:53 PM
Pirate of Bengal

Digging up the Marrow (2014)

>>: B

Mother's Milk (2012)

A pretty good indie, psycho-thriller. Thanks to Angra for the rec.

>>: B+

Alleluia (2014)

From the director of Calvaire; a well made, entertaining 'psycho-couple' thriller. But expected a better & twisted ending.

>>: B+
Old 04-10-2015, 11:20 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by horcrux2007 View Post
The Houses October Built (2014)

This is a really strange film for me because I don't know if I actually liked this movie or not. The Houses October Built is a found footage film about a group of friends who journey around the country to find the most extreme haunt in America, and when they think they've found the most extreme, it seems like the haunt has found them... I guess? I'm still confused if this movie is supposed to be supernatural or just about a bunch of crazy rednecks, but it was rather difficult to follow this movie. The pacing was horrible, and there were a lot of scenes that seemed creepy but never really contribute to the story as a whole. The first half of the film is reasonably atmospheric and unsettling until the gags wear off and become nonsensical and irrelevant. The final ten minutes in particular are just basically seeing the characters running through the haunt, and the ending was very disappointing. The movie built it up to be something much darker and crueler than it actually was. The cast worked very well together, and it did pique my interest in extreme haunts. Other than the atmosphere and characters, The Houses October Built was sort of a let down

5/10
I thought the same thing; I just watched this one during the week. The ending was the most disappointing part of the movie; I was expecting soo much more!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gears-of-Warren View Post
Today i watched The hills have eyes.
Do you know if it was the original or the remake?

Quote:
Dark Skies (2013)

It's close to midnight, so I'm gonna keep this short. Dark Skies was an extremely surprising and very scary movie. It's like a haunted house movie turned upside-down. It has a couple of jump scares, a good amount of suspense, and a heavy atmosphere that all come together to create a memorable and terrifying film. Even if the pacing is a little off, Dark Skies is going to scare you. It's best not to know anything about this movie before you head in, and definitely watch it in the dark.

9/10
I felt the same way except I didn't find it scary; very entertaining though. It reminded of the Conjuring.

Quote:
What the hell are you talking about? Fake Hellraiser?
You know, that one movie with that one guy at that one place......

Quote:
Wow, sweet sounding story. Sold!!
That makes two of us!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron Von Marlon View Post
Is that the one where that actor is playing a guy who does things?

Quote:
Today i saw short film about a werewolf-like creature that behaves like a werewolf but is considered non-werewolf by characters lol. Good look of creature and good non-cg effets make this a good 6 minutes of goofiness.

Quote:
Your putting too much on titles. Its the movies that are important. Would Scream be less if it were called Scary Movie?

Quote:
Last night I watched a movie about a possessed person.
Did it have that one person in it??

Quote:
"The Harvest" 7/10

A "horror" flick starring Michael Shannon and the possessed girl from The Possession. A decent movie altho i fail to see the horror in it.
It's bugging me because I can't remember if I have seen this or not?? It sounds soo familiar.

Old 04-11-2015, 04:50 AM
Evil Dead

Thumb resize.

I like that one more than this one:

Thumb resize.

I give 1st one 3 skulls and 2nd one 1 skull.
Old 04-11-2015, 06:15 AM
No, fuck YOU

Thumb resize.

"Fresh Meat" 7-8/10

A delightful take on the home invasion genre with nice gore fx. Fairly obvious to see it's both written and directed by dudes, coz... yea. I'm sure with a slightly better story this would be a horror/comedy lots more horror fans would know of.

The dad (the actor who always plays an asshole in Kiwi flicks) was a hoot.

Thumb resize.

Thanks a bunch for the rec, Baron Von Marlon. ;)

Last edited by Angra; 04-11-2015 at 06:17 AM.
Old 04-11-2015, 06:27 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfantasy View Post
Did it have that one person in it??
no, what are you talking about??? That's that other movie.

Tags
movie