Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > True Crime

Closed Thread

Old 04-23-2004, 02:45 AM
Umbra Asylum

Send a message via Yahoo to bloodrayne
Quote:
Originally posted by Unit 03
The only thing STUPIDER than women, is the things men do to obtain women
I'm afraid that I cannot help you to account for the stupidity of some of the members of either sex...However...As for this...
Quote:
well perhaps the stupid things women post on message boards.
If you find the articles that are posted here to be of a level of intelligence which does not reflect your own...I would encourage you to refrain from reading them, as they seem to provoke your ire
Quote:
Someone want to explain to me how this woman who lives on a dirt floor and no doubt doesn't know shit about shit can perform a C-section BY HERSELF, with what appears to be NO anesthetics, with a knife.
I am posting an actual link for you that contains even more information than what I previously posted...Perhaps it can help to answer your questions in a manner in which it will be easier for you to understand the process...Thank you for allowing me the opportunity to obtain more details
Quote:
Originally posted by Unit 03 when there are NO cases of both surviving in previous attempts.
According to this additional information, which has been broadcast by more than 100 news agencies, and is the property of the Associated Press...You are correct in assuming that this is indeed a first
Quote:
Also note the source of this article "doctors say" Doctors say alot of things, doesn't mean they arn't spouting out alot of bullshit..
While this statement is certainly true...I wouldn't be able to propose a reasonable explanation as to the purpose of, so many countrywide news agencies, or any medical professionals, attempting to decieve you:)

This link is for Unit 03...
http://www.napanews.com/templates/in...4-A3A1A295CE16

As for anyone else, who does not require a link, but would like to read the additional information as well...Here is the other story...

Mexican woman performs her own C-section
Thursday, April 8, 2004

By LINDSEY TANNER
AP Medical Writer

CHICAGO -- A woman in Mexico cut open her own womb with a knife and delivered a healthy baby boy in her rural home when problems developed during labor, doctors report in a medical journal.

The woman and her son, her ninth child, both survived despite an eight-hour car ride to the nearest hospital and a wait of several hours once she got there, said co-author Dr. Rafael Valle, a Northwestern University obstetrician who learned about the case from a colleague.

"She was asked, 'Why did you do that? Do you know you could have died?' She said, 'Yes, but I wanted to save my baby,"' Valle said Wednesday. He added: "This is heroic to me."

The authors of the report said there are other cases of women attempting the same thing, but none they could find in which the mother and child survived.

The woman, 40, lived in a dirt-floor house with no electricity or running water and had previously lost a baby during childbirth, the authors said.

She was alone when she went into labor, and fearing the same thing would happen when it appeared childbirth was not progressing, she decided to perform the crude C-section. She drank three small glasses of hard liquor first to numb the pain, he said.

"Rather than experience fetal death in utero again, she used her skills at slaughtering animals," the report said. "Apparently, she did not bleed excessively and asked one of her children to call a local nurse for help before she lost consciousness."

The nurse stitched up the woman's abdomen with an ordinary needle and thread, and the mother and baby were taken to a hospital in the Mexican state of Oaxaca.

The incident happened about two years ago. The report appears in the March issue of the International Journal of Gynecology and Obstetrics, along with photographs of the woman's incision.

My Karma ran over my Dogma

God WAS my co-pilot...But, we crashed in the mountains and...I had to eat him

I'm suffocating in what's become of me...
The rancid remains of what I used to be
Old 04-23-2004, 02:50 AM
Umbra Asylum

Quote:
"a Northwestern University obstetrician who learned about the case from a colleague." Straight from the article, well I heard from a colleague that its complete Bullshit, why not put that in the news. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Apparently, you aren't newsworthy:rolleyes:

Old 04-23-2004, 05:09 AM
Post-Moderation

I'm just curious as to why there is no actual interview with her. Just people saying what she said and whatnot. If this was a world history first, you think they would have her talking a bit more about it:confused:
Old 04-23-2004, 05:17 AM
First we crack the shell

Heres something for you

Micheal jackson's secret gay love affair
http://www.nationalenquirer.com/stor...stanceid=61478

Fact of the matter is, THIS article has more proof and actual backing then the bullshit one posted here. Just because someone claims something doesn't mean its true, and Just because the Media decided to air something also doesnt mean its true. This whole story is based of ONE guy who claims this. As for why, Oh lets see dame,fortune, publicity...the same reason anyone says anything to the media, for attention.

Oh one more thing, how does a person with a dirt phone have her child call a local nurse?
DENNIS:I'm thirty-seven.
ARTHUR:I-- what?
DENNIS:I'm thirty-seven. I'm not old.
ARTHUR:Well, I can't just call you 'Man'.
DENNIS:Well, you could say 'Dennis'.
ARTHUR:Well, I didn't know you were called 'Dennis'.
DENNIS:Well, you didn't bother to find out, did you?
ARTHUR:I did say 'sorry' about the 'old woman', but from the behind you looked--
DENNIS:What I object to is that you automatically treat me like an inferior!
ARTHUR:Well, I am King!
DENNIS:Oh, King, eh, very nice. And how d'you get that, eh? By exploiting the workers! By 'anging on to outdated imperialist dogma which perpetuates the economic and social differences in our society. If there's ever going to be any progress with the--
WOMAN: Dennis, there's some lovely filth down here. Oh! How d'you do?
ARTHUR:How do you do, good lady? I am Arthur, King of the Britons. Who's castle is that?
WOMAN:King of the who?
ARTHUR:The Britons.
WOMAN:Who are the Britons?
ARTHUR:Well, we all are. We are all Britons, and I am your king.
WOMAN:I didn't know we had a king. I thought we were an autonomous collective.
DENNIS:You're fooling yourself. We're living in a dictatorship: a self-perpetuating autocracy in which the working classes--
WOMAN:Oh, there you go bringing class into it again.
DENNIS:That's what it's all about. If only people would hear of--
ARTHUR:Please! Please, good people. I am in haste. Who lives in that castle?
WOMAN:No one lives there.
ARTHUR:Then who is your lord?
WOMAN:We don't have a lord.
ARTHUR:What?
DENNIS:I told you. We're an anarcho-syndicalist commune. We take it in turns to act as a sort of executive officer for the week,...
ARTHUR:Yes.
DENNIS:...but all the decisions of that officer have to be ratified at a special bi-weekly meeting...
ARTHUR:Yes, I see.
DENNIS:...by a simple majority in the case of purely internal affairs,...
ARTHUR:Be quiet!
DENNIS:...but by a two-thirds majority in the case of more major--
ARTHUR:Be quiet! I order you to be quiet!
WOMAN:Order, eh? Who does he think he is? Heh.
ARTHUR:I am your king!
WOMAN:Well, I didn't vote for you.
ARTHUR:You don't vote for kings.
WOMAN:Well, how did you become King, then?
ARTHUR:The Lady of the Lake,...
[angels sing]
...her arm clad in the purest shimmering samite, held aloft Excalibur from the bosom of the water signifying by Divine Providence that I, Arthur, was to carry Excalibur.
[singing stops]
That is why I am your king!
DENNIS:Listen. Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.
ARTHUR:Be quiet!
DENNIS:Well, but you can't expect to wield supreme executive power just 'cause some watery tart threw a sword at you!
ARTHUR:Shut up!
DENNIS:I mean, if I went 'round saying I was an emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!
ARTHUR:Shut up, will you? Shut up!
DENNIS:Ah, now we see the violence inherent in the system.
ARTHUR:Shut up!
DENNIS:Oh! Come and see the violence inherent in the system! Help! Help! I'm being repressed!
ARTHUR:Bloody peasant!
DENNIS:Oh, what a give-away. Did you hear that? Did you hear that, eh? That's what I'm on about. Did you see him repressing me? You saw it, didn't you?
Old 04-23-2004, 07:01 AM
Umbra Asylum

First of all...I do not create the news...If I find something that I think is interesting, I post it here...For example...I did not post your Michael Jackson story because it is of no interest to me, which in turn is also why I did not read it...Thanks for the link anyway, someone ELSE may be interested...See how that works? If you do not like a story, or if it is of no interest to you, simply do not read it...
If you wish to dispute the facts contained in the story that I posted, I suggest that you contact one of the many news agencies that reported it, or if you are industrious enough, you may even be able to find a venue in which to contact the actual people in the story...I have no desire or commitment to defend or verify, any story that I find on the Associated Press Wire...That would be the job of the reporter...And so...Unit 03 and Arioch..I am unable to answer your questions, and also unconcerned about that inability...Basically, that means...Frankly my dears, I don't give a damn... :)
AND...Your dispute is with the wrong person ;)

Allow me to reiterate one last time, as you seem to have missed it...If you don't like it...You don't have to read it...And, here's a new one for you...If you DO read it...You don't have to like it:cool:

Old 04-23-2004, 07:06 AM
Analrapist

LMAO !!

all we said is that what she did was tough, and you guys turn this into a battle of the sexes !!! arioch, no flames, i swear !!! but i must say, in your speech, you remind me of the many angry women who have been burned... nay, SCALDED repeatedly by members of the opposite sex !! lol careful... bitterness and celibacy are just a step away ! :p :D

Thug means never having to say you're sorry.

Last edited by hellfire1; 04-23-2004 at 11:22 AM.
Old 04-23-2004, 07:21 AM
Fool's follow

Send a message via Yahoo to feral cat
Quote:
Originally posted by Arioch
Not to mention the lies women spout about wanting a "nice guy", the only reason a woman wants a nice guy, is so she has someone to talk to about the asshole shes fucking. No woman wants the nice guy to BE WITH, just to help her deal with the dickhead she really wants. Im generalizing, but not by much.
... so f*ckin true! LOL

Feral Cat ... has greater respect for Ariochs powers of social comentery!

ispitonyourmovie.com

REVIEWS

isoymAsia

Forum

Last edited by feral cat; 04-23-2004 at 07:29 AM.
Old 04-23-2004, 07:42 AM
Evil Dead

Send a message via ICQ to Plaguewind Send a message via MSN to Plaguewind
Quote:
Originally posted by hellfire1
LMAO !!

all we said is that what she did was tough, and you guys turn this into a battle of the sexes !!!

THAT were where I wanted to get... My dear friends... Personally, I don't think this thread was meant to become a boys vs. girls battlefield... Let's face it, what she did WAS tough, no matter what each one here personally thinks of women... Besides that... Come on, my friends... I don't think you ACTUALLY believe whatever you said about women... Only some really frustrated, definitely miserable minds would conceive such things about the fair, but still definitely tough, sex...
Old 04-23-2004, 07:57 AM
Umbra Asylum

Quote:
Originally posted by feral cat

Feral Cat ... has greater respect for Ariochs powers of social comentery!
And BloodRayne has so much less:(

Old 04-23-2004, 08:26 AM
Fool's follow

Send a message via Yahoo to feral cat
whooah there Nelly ....... I just liked that little snippit it was funny!
... I have no battle with any sex ... just a battle for it!!!

I thinks its amazing she saved herself and the baby, but I guess she new she would die if she did nothing!

Feral Cat

ispitonyourmovie.com

REVIEWS

isoymAsia

Forum
Closed Thread