Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Latest Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 01-24-2007, 02:23 PM
(sw) Fake Shemp (sw)

ofcourse they are....i hope

"It's a DISASTER...a DISASTER! Spelt with two 'O's... like 'DOOM'!!"
Old 01-25-2007, 08:18 PM
HDC Resident Cynic

Quote:
Originally Posted by XtRaVa View Post
Lmao. Looks like it was more of a comedy than a horror:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6i2WRreARo

Howdigetburned howdigetburned howdigetburned *spins around in circles on the floor* woop woop woop woop!
Dude.... when Cage is wearing the bear suit and decks that chick. I could not stop laughing. :D
Old 01-26-2007, 05:47 AM
Horror Addict

Send a message via MSN to Antym666 Send a message via Skype™ to Antym666
Thumbs up The Original Wicker Man

The original is a classic, undoubtedly. At the time, it was shunned by critics and audiences, but grew to have a cult following. It is a true showcase in slow burning, disturbing horror, and the ending is one of the all time horror unforgettables. While the original was subtle, thoughtful and unique, the remake is blatant, badlt written, basfly acted and a disgrace to the unforgettable original. Do check it out if you can.
Old 01-26-2007, 12:01 PM
Mephistophiliac

Send a message via AIM to Doc Faustus
The Wicker Man is one of the most mature religious dialogues in horror, or modern cinema in general for that matter. The ending chills in part because you don't know whose fanaticism is right. It's intriguing because it could be an indictment of all faiths, or a call for more understanding views on the subject. A lot of examinations of religion in movies come out to "this man is an idiot because he believes this", and while it does make Christianity look square, it does not make it look altogether pathetic. It doesn't come down to whose god is bigger or whose god is real, which I think makes it extremely intelligent and well beyond the surface hippie propaganda. The depth of this dialogue makes it quite scary in my opinion. Through the eyes of the protagonist, Summerisle is Innismouth without the tentacles.
Old 01-26-2007, 12:07 PM
Evil Dead

My feeling about the original was that I could enjoy it as a drama but not as a horror film. I liked it but I can't agree that it is horror.