Old 01-16-2006, 02:38 PM
Banned

the thing is .. i've never seen a good discussion from anyone on why they DIDNT like it .. they just dont ..
Old 01-16-2006, 02:45 PM
BH14

Im sure some people will automatically dislike it simply because it is an American remake version and some people dislike Gellar. While most remakes suck about 90% of the time, this movie did the original justice.

ht tp://www.chasingthefrog.com/catalog/my_movies.php?username=sirbflo114
Old 01-16-2006, 02:53 PM
Image of the Invisible

Send a message via AIM to ItsAlive75
Like The Grudge, love Ju On, haaaaaate Ju Rei.

DEVESTED- The removal of one's vest.

SCTUPP- To deficate on a woman after nonconsensual sex.
Old 01-16-2006, 07:36 PM
threadkiller

i saw ju-on way before i saw the grudge....and remember bracing for what the trailer seemed to be....a fuckin scary movie with a zillion freaky parts....i was letdown, it was sloppy, and every single zinger was in the trailer....aside from sarah gellars' suckface....i think the american version was alot better....especially the scene where ted raimi discovers the bitch with the jaw.
Old 01-17-2006, 01:36 AM
No, fuck YOU

Quote:
Originally posted by urgeok
the thing is .. i've never seen a good discussion from anyone on why they DIDNT like it .. they just dont ..

No blood and gore. :rolleyes:

I think the reason could be, that they are used to american horror movies where the climax ends when the victim is lying in a pool of his own blood and guts, and not 2 minutes before that happens. You donīt get to see any violence at all even though people dies every 10th minute of "The grudge". I guess some people would get disappointed about that.

Last edited by Angra; 01-17-2006 at 01:39 AM.
Old 01-17-2006, 01:38 AM
Hellraiser

It was okay.
I wasnt really paying attention when I saw it, because like... I wasnt. :P
But I did scream at the begining.

;)
Old 01-17-2006, 09:47 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by majorbludd
i saw ju-on way before i saw the grudge....and remember bracing for what the trailer seemed to be....a fuckin scary movie with a zillion freaky parts....i was letdown, it was sloppy,

sloppy ? sloppy how ?
and i doubt the trailer was able to show the nice build of the atmosphere of the film ?

i saw the japanese origional, and then watched the american shortly after ... and i STILL jumped ...
I never jump at movies..
Old 01-17-2006, 09:59 AM
Evil Dead

Send a message via AIM to Juicy Jon
I can see how he thought Ju On was sloppy... The story jumps around and sometimes it was hard to keep up. And I really didn't understand the end at all. They didn't do a well enough job explaining it
Old 01-17-2006, 10:06 AM
threadkiller

i remember not knowing how things tied together, ju-on if i remember was the one where the girl is in the room with newspapers all taped over the windows....rt? yeah, i did pretty good on my SAT's but had trouble making sense outta some relationships and happenstance in JU-ON....i know these remakes are usually dumbed down for Americans whose names are CLETUS and TANQUERAY, and am aware that the forte for most horror from the far east is slow paced, storytelling, mood, etc. but my cletus side took over at some point during ju-on.
Old 01-17-2006, 11:27 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Juicy Jon
I can see how he thought Ju On was sloppy... The story jumps around and sometimes it was hard to keep up. And I really didn't understand the end at all. They didn't do a well enough job explaining it
sort of playing the devils advocate here a bit because i'm still exploring why people didnt like the movie ... when i thought it was the answer to what i've been looking for in a horror film ..

the thing is .. i had no trouble keeping up - or understanding the ending ..
not to mention that in a 'stylish' foreign ghost film that the need to explain everything just isnt there ...

i understand some people dont like the style over substance approach ... but when you think of it .. thats mostly what the genre is all about ..

nothing in a horror movie makes a damn bit of sense ..

... but you have to see my point that not being able to follow a movie because it made a choice to jump back and forth in time .. ...certainly doesnt make it sloppy ... i found it incredibly tight ... sloppiness doesnt equate non linear ...

i would think sloppiness means that there would be visible of evidence of lack of care or skill on the part of the filmmaker ...