Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Horror Filmmakers

Old 01-28-2012, 04:15 PM
Little Boo

Angry Making a Feature Length Horror in LA, "The Stray"

Hello. I am about to start a feature length film in June from my script and previous short film "The Stray".

We already have the main location and lots of support from talented actors and crew. The script is tight and we have our camera equipment, prime lenses and much of the grip/lighting and sound equipment in hand.

I'm a late bloomer into film (I'm 55) and my previous career experience is as a Creative Director, Still Photographer and Artist. I want to do the best job possible within the constraints of my budget. I am going to need help and I don't want to ask talented and professional people to work with me for copy & credit or, for free.

I have many of the assets and post production services already. I have producers with money if I can raise the initial seed capital.

So, what I am looking for is advice and strategy from your experience. Any words of wisdom. You can look the story over and get a synopsis as well as view a trailer from the Short on Kick Starter by searching the title "The Stray"

We're not doing so well on KickStarter. We haven't yet raised quite $5K.

We do have some major support from a few people I do not know and never heard of as far as the KickStarter campaign is concerned and that is reassuring. But we need to make things happen now rather than later to take the opportunity that has presented itself before it's gone.

So, let me know what you think. I appreciate it.

Tags
lesbian, reincarnation, the stray, tom ford, walking dead