Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > Comics
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 11-29-2006, 07:48 AM
HDC Sole Survivor!!

Preacher - coming to HBO!!!

From the Hollywood Reporter -

HBO has seen the light and is bringing "Preacher" to the small screen.

The pay cable network is developing a one-hour series based on the popular 1990s Vertigo comics series. Mark Steven Johnson, the writer-director behind comic adaptations "Daredevil" and the upcoming "Ghost Rider", is writing the pilot, while Howard Deutch is attached to direct. Johnson and Deutch will executive produce along with Michael De Luca, George Agusto, Chris Bender and JC Spink.

"Preacher", which ran from 1995-2000, told the story of a down-and-out Texas preacher possessed by Genesis, a supernatural entity conceived by the unnatural coupling of an angel and a demon. Given immense powers, the preacher teamed with an old girlfriend and a hard-drinking Irish vampire and set out on a journey across America to find God -- who apparently had abandoned his duties in heaven -- and hold him accountable for his negligence.

"A man that studieth revenge keeps his own wounds green, which otherwise would heal and do well."
Francis Bacon
Old 11-29-2006, 05:30 PM
Banned

Damn.....I was gonna get rid of HBO after The Sopranos.
Old 11-30-2006, 03:51 AM
Mighty HDC Drunken Pirate

I'm so happy that this is finally happening. I was mortified when they said they were going to try to make one movie out of the entire series.
Old 12-01-2006, 05:21 PM
Your funeral... my trial

Looks like I may have to finally break down and subscribe to HBO now. There's no way I'm waiting on the DVDs for this one.
Old 12-01-2006, 09:54 PM
Evil Puppy

Just call and tell them your friend signed up recently and got a deal with free HBO and you want the same offer. They'll do it.
Old 12-02-2006, 04:21 AM
Your funeral... my trial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Despare View Post
Just call and tell them your friend signed up recently and got a deal with free HBO and you want the same offer. They'll do it.
Really? Hmmm... It's worth a try.
Old 12-02-2006, 04:55 AM
Evil Dead

I'd heard about a movie potentially coming out.
I'd rather a HBO series on this one than a movie anyday.
Old 12-02-2006, 06:53 AM
Banned

Wasn't Yun Fat Chow supposed to be in the movie?
Old 12-02-2006, 07:18 AM
Evil Dead

It does seem potentially cool, except for the involvement of Mark Stephen Johnson, the fellow behind the not-very-good Daredevil and Elektra movies, and not-great looking Ghost Rider. I'd be interested to see this, but I'm not keeping my hopes too high.

Sam

New horror comics each month | Vols. 1 & 2 on sale now - just $15 each.
Old 12-02-2006, 10:29 AM
HDC Sole Survivor!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamCostello View Post
It does seem potentially cool, except for the involvement of Mark Stephen Johnson, the fellow behind the not-very-good Daredevil and Elektra movies, and not-great looking Ghost Rider. I'd be interested to see this, but I'm not keeping my hopes too high.

Sam
Yeah, that keeps me a little on edge about this - but he is talking about doing slavishly faithful adaptations of the comics with guest directors for each episode.

"A man that studieth revenge keeps his own wounds green, which otherwise would heal and do well."
Francis Bacon