Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > Comics

Old 06-11-2006, 11:38 PM
That fucking Guy...

For anyone who's ever read Marvel

Another "universe-wide" event is happening at the moment.
The storyline I'm referring to is "civil war" which crosses over into most titles in the current marvel universe.
Basically, it starts when a fight between a superpowered team and a few villains goes nuclear, and around 600 innocents, including children are blown away.
The "superpower registration act" (much like the mutant registration act seen in the xmen comics and films, except this one encompasses all powers regardless of origin) is being bought in as a result of the capes being blamed for the disaster.
Some of the heroes are behind it, some totally against it, and some caught in the middle.
I think this is definately one to look out for, I've been following the comics so far and yeah, some hardcore shit is gonna happen, seems about half the known superheroes are going to be going up against the other half, despite former friendships.

Check out the trailer at http://www.marvel.com/news/-1.464
Just click the button in the middle and it plays a "so far..." kinda thing.

If anyone wants to read these comics without spending a fortune, join up to soulseek or DC++, pm me your username, and I'll send them across to you.

- B
Old 06-14-2006, 06:13 PM
AKA Vampenguin/Dark_Hero

Send a message via AIM to The_Return
Very cool...I shall check this one out. Thanks Cheeb.
Old 06-14-2006, 09:51 PM
That fucking Guy...

I have a feeling they're planning on killing off one of the more major marvel characters with this one...maybe cap.america or iron man...just a hunch.
Old 07-11-2006, 01:33 PM
whatever gets you through

Quote:
Originally posted by cheebacheeba
I have a feeling they're planning on killing off one of the more major marvel characters with this one...maybe cap.america or iron man...just a hunch.
way cool - i was a huge comic book fan for years and sort of drifted out of it - but this could be the hook to bring me back in.
Old 07-12-2006, 09:41 AM
Undead

Send a message via Yahoo to spookychild
I totaly couldn't believe Spiderman unmaskes him self in that.
Old 07-21-2006, 03:12 AM
Scares Little Kids

honestly, guys, I'm scared to read this. I been devouring the ins & outs of Peter Parker's life since age 10, and now with him demasking, I'm scared. I've held certain issues in my hand, and I've always put them back. I've turned for the 1st time in my life to DC, and to 52, which is THE SH*T. I DESPERATELY WANT TO COME BACK TO MARVEL. heeeeeelp meeeee.....
Old 07-27-2006, 08:04 AM
BidonComics

Quote:
Originally posted by cheebacheeba
I don't think they will off Cap. as he is "America" and they really don't want to kill off the one guy that wares the flag and is what America is all about.

But I do agree someone will die, DIE!! I SAY!!
Old 07-29-2006, 01:57 PM
Undead

Ah man, I hate Captain America so much. I think in everything I have read, there has been one thing he did in The Ultimates that was pretty cool. He's such an arrogant pigfucker, and I'd love it if he was the one to cop it in Civil War.
Old 08-05-2006, 02:07 PM
Scares Little Kids

The bubble-burster...

I don't see them killing either character, truth be told, as Marvel is pushing them both so much in the comics and in Hollywood...

While I too used to despise CAPTAIN AMERICA, that book is now officially AMAZING (small SPIDER-MAN pun intended) in the hands of BRUBAKER and Epting. Seriously, Waffle, check out the first TPB collection... it's... wow. I can't believe I'm actually diggin' Captain "Lame-O" America, you know? :eek:

As for Civil War... it's pretty darn good... but I feel you really have to also be reading the AMAZING SPIDER-MAN tie-in issues (at least) to get a full "feel" for what is going on...

Also, on a somewhat related noted, anyone not reading PLANET HULK is really missing out too. I fully expected to hate it... but wowza... what a treat. (That includes the few issues by Daniel Way leading-up to it...)

SINcerely,
Dirk Manning
Old 08-07-2006, 01:00 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Seriously, Waffle, check out the first TPB collection... it's... wow. I can't believe I'm actually diggin' Captain "Lame-O" America, you know?
Yeah, I know...you'd think that HE'D be the one on the side of the law huh? It's good to see there's a little more depth potential to the character.