Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Upcoming Horror Movies

Closed Thread

Old 12-11-2010, 03:44 AM
For Vendetta

THOR ...debut trailer!

Old 04-26-2011, 10:33 PM
For Vendetta

BURBANK, Calif. (April 26, 2011) — Production has started on “The Avengers” today, and in honor of the event, the first set photo has been released!

The picture is of the Avengers emblem with canvas chairs labeled “Thor”, “Iron Man”, “Captain America”, and “Hulk”. Overall, it’s a very tantalizing picture, even though we basically see nothing in the way of characters.

Production has commenced today in Albuquerque, New Mexico on Marvel Studios’ highly anticipated movie “Marvel’s The Avengers,” directed by Joss Whedon (“Serenity”) from a screenplay by Whedon. The film will continue principal photography in Cleveland, Ohio and New York City.

Robert Downey Jr. (“Iron Man,” “Iron Man 2″) returns as the iconic Tony Stark/Iron Man along with Chris Hemsworth (“Thor”) as Thor, Chris Evans (“Captain America: The First Avenger”) as Captain America, Jeremy Renner (“Thor,” “The Hurt Locker”) as Hawkeye, Mark Ruffalo (“The Kids Are Alright”) as Hulk, Scarlett Johansson (“Iron Man 2″) as Black Widow, Clark Gregg (“Iron Man,” “Thor”) as Agent Phil Coulson, and Samuel L. Jackson (“Iron Man,” “Iron Man 2″) as Nick Fury.

Set for release in the US on May 4, 2012, “Marvel’s The Avengers” is the first feature to be fully owned, marketed and distributed by Disney, which acquired Marvel in 2009.

Continuing the epic big-screen adventures started in “Iron Man,” “The Incredible Hulk,” “Iron Man 2,” “Thor,” and “Captain America: The First Avenger,” “Marvel’s The Avengers” is the Super Hero team up of a lifetime. When an unexpected enemy emerges that threatens global safety and security, Nick Fury, Director of the international peacekeeping agency known as SHIELD, finds himself in need of a team to pull the world back from the brink of disaster.

Based on the ever-popular Marvel comic book series, first published in 1963, “Marvel’s The Avengers” brings together the mightiest Super Hero characters as they all assemble together on screen for the first time. The star studded cast of Super Heroes will be joined by Cobie Smulders (“How I Met Your Mother) as Agent Maria Hill of SHIELD, as well as Tom Hiddleston (“Wallander”) and Stellan Skarsgård (“Angels & Demons,” “Mamma Mia!”) who will both reprise their respective roles as Loki and Professor Erik Selvig from the upcoming MarvelStudios’ feature “Thor.”
Old 05-01-2011, 11:15 AM
For Vendetta

Mark Ruffalo has teased the first details about the story arc for his character Bruce Banner in next year's team-up film The Avengers.

While plot details about Joss Whedon's all-star film are being kept closely under wraps, Ruffalo did reveal that Banner will develop complicated relationships with both Iron Man and the Black Widow over the course of the movie.

"He has an interesting thing with Black Widow actually," Ruffalo told MTV News.

Ruffalo explained that because both Banner and Tony Stark are from scientific backgrounds, there will be an immediate link between them.

"There's a real admiration between the two of them that's interesting, and Tony Stark really enjoys the idea of watching this guy turn into the Hulk," he added. "So he's nudging him in an interesting sort of way.

"There's a lot of nice, fun play between the two of them."

Ruffalo recently admitted that he was excited to begin work on The Avengers, which started production earlier this week.

The Shutter Island star is joined by Robert Downey Jr., Chris Hemsworth, Chris Evans, Scarlett Johansson, Samuel L. Jackson and Jeremy Renner in the Marvel Studios film.

The Avengers is due to be released in US and UK cinemas on May 4, 2012.
Old 05-27-2011, 10:07 AM
whatever gets you through

ok - i can admit when i am wrong.

i had earlier predicted that Thor would suck ass - it did not and was actually a very good film.

i still think the problem for Avengers will be making all these characters mesh together - visually and narrative wise. will Hulk be much huger than Thor? will Cap look tiny? just not clear how you can blend the visual looks of the earlier films (as well as the problem of having 'magic' Thor mixed with science-based Iron Man)
Old 05-27-2011, 10:19 AM
No charge for awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero View Post
ok - i can admit when i am wrong.

i had earlier predicted that Thor would suck ass - it did not and was actually a very good film.

i still think the problem for Avengers will be making all these characters mesh together - visually and narrative wise. will Hulk be much huger than Thor? will Cap look tiny? just not clear how you can blend the visual looks of the earlier films (as well as the problem of having 'magic' Thor mixed with science-based Iron Man)
Are you not familiar with the Avengers comics?

Hulk will be much bulkier than Thor, but probably shorter. Cap will be about the same height as Thor but less muscular.

In the Marvel universe, science and magic co-exist. Tony Stark's a guy that invented an Iron Man suit. Thor's the son of Odin and the Norse God of Thunder. I don't see any reason they'd have to be mutually exclusive. :confused:
Old 05-28-2011, 03:39 AM
Little Boo

my cousin said you can see it at home by DVD , and he said it's better to see it at home but i wish i can go to it ^^
Old 06-30-2011, 12:00 PM
For Vendetta

Old 06-30-2011, 09:54 PM
For Vendetta

Given that Thor did decent business at the box office for Marvel, it’s no surprise that the company would be making its plans for a sequel.

And though quiet moves have been afoot for a while now, the studio and corporate owners Disney have now made it official, booking a July 26, 2013 release date for another round of Norse play.

But while Deadline reports that Chris Hemsworth will once again be swinging Mjolnir as the central hero (not a shocker, since Marvel signs most of its cast members to multiple film deals), it would seem that Kenneth Branagh has either decided not to return or that the company has opted to go in another direction (no pun intended) for the next film.

Cue a mad scramble of agents trying to get their megaphone-wielding clients the job.

Thor co-writer Don Payne has already been kicking around ideas for a second film, though no detaihas slipped out just yet. But the hero’s story continues, of course, in The Avengers, which Hemsworth is now busy shooting alongside the likes of Robert Downey Jr, Chris Evans, Mark Ruffalo and the rest.
Old 07-17-2011, 11:38 PM
For Vendetta

Old 07-18-2011, 05:49 AM
Evil is Better

Is that an Avengers trailer? Why does it say The Amazing Spiderman? Also i cant make anything out in that thing.
Closed Thread