Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Classic Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 02-28-2004, 03:48 PM
Post-Moderation

Thumbs down Ginger Snaps

This movie was alright but i think it could have been done better in places. It had alot of good ideas that were poorly executed i think (much like underworld). I really liked the characters but the wolf looked bad at the end, and the complete darkness scene when she was in the closet went on for like 45secs. just to be anticlimatic and switch to another scene (for a kickass example of the complete darkness scene see Equilibrium, anyone whos scene it knows what im talking about.)

I dont know, maybe it had too much buildup from members on this board and i expected to much, but its sure-as-shit no Dogsoldiers.
Old 02-28-2004, 03:54 PM
Evil Dead

It is basically a teenager movie IMO .... Everyone likes teenage girls getting mean soooooooo this movie can not be compared to other werewolf movies...Ginger Snaps rip off "The Curse"

It has this concept of a female coming of age feel to it.. If you are a guy you might not understand .... But it is not a god damn bad movie for being a werewolf flick... and to be honest I love Dog Soldiers but SHIT it is not the best werewolf movie made....

Fulci Lives!!!!
Old 02-28-2004, 04:14 PM
Therapy?

Ginger Snaps is one of my favorite new horror movies (May might be my favorite). I thought it was a great movie, every zombie, vampire, werewolf etc. movie "rips-off" a bit from other movies that came before it.

I've never seen dog soldiers.
Old 02-28-2004, 06:40 PM
First we crack the shell

I saw it awhile back, it's alright but a little....poorly directed. Alot of it could have been alot better than it was.

My opinion of coarse.
DENNIS:I'm thirty-seven.
ARTHUR:I-- what?
DENNIS:I'm thirty-seven. I'm not old.
ARTHUR:Well, I can't just call you 'Man'.
DENNIS:Well, you could say 'Dennis'.
ARTHUR:Well, I didn't know you were called 'Dennis'.
DENNIS:Well, you didn't bother to find out, did you?
ARTHUR:I did say 'sorry' about the 'old woman', but from the behind you looked--
DENNIS:What I object to is that you automatically treat me like an inferior!
ARTHUR:Well, I am King!
DENNIS:Oh, King, eh, very nice. And how d'you get that, eh? By exploiting the workers! By 'anging on to outdated imperialist dogma which perpetuates the economic and social differences in our society. If there's ever going to be any progress with the--
WOMAN: Dennis, there's some lovely filth down here. Oh! How d'you do?
ARTHUR:How do you do, good lady? I am Arthur, King of the Britons. Who's castle is that?
WOMAN:King of the who?
ARTHUR:The Britons.
WOMAN:Who are the Britons?
ARTHUR:Well, we all are. We are all Britons, and I am your king.
WOMAN:I didn't know we had a king. I thought we were an autonomous collective.
DENNIS:You're fooling yourself. We're living in a dictatorship: a self-perpetuating autocracy in which the working classes--
WOMAN:Oh, there you go bringing class into it again.
DENNIS:That's what it's all about. If only people would hear of--
ARTHUR:Please! Please, good people. I am in haste. Who lives in that castle?
WOMAN:No one lives there.
ARTHUR:Then who is your lord?
WOMAN:We don't have a lord.
ARTHUR:What?
DENNIS:I told you. We're an anarcho-syndicalist commune. We take it in turns to act as a sort of executive officer for the week,...
ARTHUR:Yes.
DENNIS:...but all the decisions of that officer have to be ratified at a special bi-weekly meeting...
ARTHUR:Yes, I see.
DENNIS:...by a simple majority in the case of purely internal affairs,...
ARTHUR:Be quiet!
DENNIS:...but by a two-thirds majority in the case of more major--
ARTHUR:Be quiet! I order you to be quiet!
WOMAN:Order, eh? Who does he think he is? Heh.
ARTHUR:I am your king!
WOMAN:Well, I didn't vote for you.
ARTHUR:You don't vote for kings.
WOMAN:Well, how did you become King, then?
ARTHUR:The Lady of the Lake,...
[angels sing]
...her arm clad in the purest shimmering samite, held aloft Excalibur from the bosom of the water signifying by Divine Providence that I, Arthur, was to carry Excalibur.
[singing stops]
That is why I am your king!
DENNIS:Listen. Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.
ARTHUR:Be quiet!
DENNIS:Well, but you can't expect to wield supreme executive power just 'cause some watery tart threw a sword at you!
ARTHUR:Shut up!
DENNIS:I mean, if I went 'round saying I was an emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!
ARTHUR:Shut up, will you? Shut up!
DENNIS:Ah, now we see the violence inherent in the system.
ARTHUR:Shut up!
DENNIS:Oh! Come and see the violence inherent in the system! Help! Help! I'm being repressed!
ARTHUR:Bloody peasant!
DENNIS:Oh, what a give-away. Did you hear that? Did you hear that, eh? That's what I'm on about. Did you see him repressing me? You saw it, didn't you?
Old 02-28-2004, 06:41 PM
Post-Moderation

Quote:
It has this concept of a female coming of age feel to it.. If you are a guy you might not understand .... But it is not a god damn bad movie for being a werewolf flick... and to be honest I love Dog Soldiers but SHIT it is not the best werewolf movie made....
Hey im not saying Dog Soldiers is the best werewolf movie of all time (my personal fav is American Werewolf in London) but it IS the best one we've had in the past 5-10 years i would say. BY FAR!.

The wolf in the movie was done poorly IMHO. And while i did really like the acting, alot, and the first hour and a half of the movie. The climax left me fealing empty and unfullfilled. I think if it was directed a bit better at the end, i really would have liked it alot. As it stands, its a mediocre horror film with alot of good acting.
Old 03-05-2004, 12:40 PM
ohgr

I'd have to agree, Dog Soldiers is one of the better Werewolf flicks i've seen in a while. I liked it so much I ran out and bought it on DVD.

I've been meaning to see Ginger Snaps, however it's always out when ever I try to rent it..... So either it's a good film and in high demand or the people over here have bad taste in films :D

I'll be the judge ;D
Old 03-05-2004, 06:07 PM
Coolio is my hero

Send a message via AIM to KRUGERKID13 Send a message via Yahoo to KRUGERKID13
IMO its the best werewolf movie of the 90's i absoloutly love isabell and perkions acting in the film and the way you see her transfirm was awsome
Old 03-09-2004, 06:53 AM
Scares Little Kids

Wink

i loved ginger snaps it is one of my favourite horror movies and by far the best werewolf movie and it is the only movie that as really made me feel sick not because of the blood because of the way brigette eats that blood after ginger turns into a wolf its the noise bridgette makes very disgusting
Old 03-09-2004, 03:28 PM
Evil Dead

Because it was on so late I only saw the first hour of it and it was decent but I hardly even qualify it as a werewolf movie, I guess I was just a little mislead. I thought it was pretty original however and had some good moments.
Old 03-10-2004, 01:25 AM
Banned

Location: Sometimes this world feels like hell... so maybe it REALLY is!!!
Ginger Snaps is a really well acted werewolf movie. But it sure aint no 'Dog Soldiers'. And with a sequal to Soldiers in the pipeline it's looking a good time for the wolf.

RFlagg.