Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Classic Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 09-28-2004, 02:17 PM
Death wants you!Yeah you!

Send a message via AIM to dantehorrorfan
this was my favorite in the series besides 1 and 7
Old 10-01-2004, 04:11 AM
Banned

Yeah DREAM WARRIORS tends to be dismissed out of hand with the rest of the sequels, but they really only started to get contemptuous from 4 onwards once Freddy was a cult anti-hero.

The first three ELM STREETs are top - what about that homosexual/masochistic bit in part 2? Now we didn't see that coming - definately the darkest instalment.

I too was glad when "the Wizard kid got it", though.
Old 10-04-2004, 11:14 AM
Evil Dead

Send a message via ICQ to Steve_Hutchison
Re: Dream Warriors Anyone??

Quote:
Originally posted by Arioch
Im watching it now. I really think its one of the better nightmares. Freddy is still serious and not goofy and there are some really cool seens. Like the opening credits, the Big Snake Freddy, the mirrors shattering at the end. Good stuff. Any takers??
I can't make up my mind between Dream Warriors and Dream Master. Dream Child also uses the same formula but it doesn't work as well + the sound is really shitty, even on DVd.
Old 10-04-2004, 11:21 AM
Evil Dead

Send a message via ICQ to Steve_Hutchison
Quote:
Originally posted by EXTR3MIST
Yeah DREAM WARRIORS tends to be dismissed out of hand with the rest of the sequels, but they really only started to get contemptuous from 4 onwards once Freddy was a cult anti-hero.

The first three ELM STREETs are top - what about that homosexual/masochistic bit in part 2? Now we didn't see that coming - definately the darkest instalment.

I too was glad when "the Wizard kid got it", though.
That "homosexual/masochistic bit" in part 2 actually lasts the whole movie. What bothers me is that part 2's story could've started a new franchise as it had very little to do with the original. NOES was brilliant especially because it dealt with dreams the way no movie had before.

It would've been better left alone. There are too many gay subtones in that movie to give the original justice. I could've enjoyed having a gay hero for a change, but in this movie everybody sounds, looks and acts gay : Jesse, coach Schneider, Grady, even Freddy. It is an ok stand alone movie, but a very bad sequel.
Old 10-05-2004, 12:52 AM
Lets play a game...

Send a message via AIM to FreddyC.Krueger Send a message via Yahoo to FreddyC.Krueger
Quote:
Originally posted by Arioch
The Puppet-tendons scene is fucking killer!
I fucking loved that scene! I agree, although I have nothing against the other films, this one just seems to be better then the others to me. He stayed serious and dark, but had lots of apperances, and good kill scenes. And he had just enough humor, not to much, but just enough. Not that I don't like the humor in the rest of the films, he is the best, but I think they kinda over did it. I don't really see anything bad with the humor though. I don't know why some others do. If I was ever a demon who could invade dreams and kill people, I would be making witty comments. Not all though it but, like the 'this is God' from the first Nightmare. And the 'fresh meat' line. I don't think he put all that humor in his films. Just that because theres a little humor in every film it seems to trick people to think theres more then it really is. But thats just what I think. The only will setback I see in the films is that after it got to around Nightmare 3 or 4 they ran out of new secrets to show about Freddy. I mean, in the first nightmare they kept his face hidden alot. An didn't show his bald head that much. But in the second it shows more of his face and reveils more about him. And then the rest. Nightmare 3 is the first film to really show his face good and still keep him dark.

Isn't it funny how quickly people turn against you... even your so-called friends?
Old 10-05-2004, 01:03 AM
Lets play a game...

Send a message via AIM to FreddyC.Krueger Send a message via Yahoo to FreddyC.Krueger
And Arioch I'm glad you remember ALL of the quote. Most just remember 'primetime'.

"This is it Jennifer. Your big break in T.V.. Welcome to Prime Time bitch!

And Nefarious I agree with New Nightmare. I didn't think the new burnt skin ever looked like it was really burnt. It looked more like pieces were pealed off. And that new glove was cool, but I liked the old one so much more. Guess he got tired of having his own weapon used against him. :p But I liked how he made Freddy seem 'real'. But I hated that they brought Heather back. Well, I love her, I don't think anyone could've played in the film better (besides Robert). But I hate that he wanted her back in his new 'film' that he was making in the film. I mean, Heather died in Nightmare 3. Why bring her back? And how? But since I know the movie in the movie was the same as the movie itself, with Freddy coming in the real world, I can understand it. I think Wes did a great job on that whole concept. And it was great acting. Though I think Dillions 'Freddy voice' was real stupid. He didn't do it well at all. And the whole 'claw' act he did was kinda cool, but didn't make all that sense. But thats IMO.

Isn't it funny how quickly people turn against you... even your so-called friends?
Old 10-06-2004, 07:09 AM
Hellraiser

Send a message via AIM to systemshock
Dream Warriors is one of my favorite freddy movies ... its right up there with the first. Every death in this one was fantastic and unique ... definately one of the best ... if not the best