Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Upcoming Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 09-30-2008, 09:59 PM
Living Dead

Mirrors

This film is so bad I don't know what to say. Graet idea for a story; great performance from Sutherland and EVERYTHING else is pure shit. I almost walked out.
Old 09-30-2008, 10:02 PM
For Vendetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Whale View Post
This film is so bad I don't know what to say. Graet idea for a story; great performance from Sutherland and EVERYTHING else is pure shit. I almost walked out.
Umm...what has Mirrors got to do with Cap America? :confused:
Old 11-03-2008, 01:32 AM
For Vendetta

October 28, 2008

As part of his four picture deal with Marvel Studios, Robert Downey Jr. is appearing as Tony Stark in The Avengers motion picture, as well as reprising his starring role as the larger-than-life leading character in Iron Man 2.

Jon Favreau will return to direct the sequel to the blockbuster Iron Man, which to date has grossed over $578 million worldwide, as well as executive produce The Avengers.

Marvel Studios is pleased today to confirm that an agreement has been finalized with award-winning actor Don Cheadle to take on the role of Colonel James "Rhodey" Rhodes in Marvel's Iron Man 2 due in theaters on May 7, 2010.

In casting Cheadle, Marvel replaces Terrence Howard who appeared in the role of Rhodey in Iron Man.

Cheadle is also signed on to perform the same role in The Avengers and subsequent installments of the Iron Man franchise.

"We are very excited about working with the extraordinarily talented Don Cheadle as we expand the role of Rhodey in Iron Man 2. It has already become apparent as we prep the movie for production, that the dynamic between Robert and Don will take Iron Man 2 to new heights," said Kevin Feige, President of Marvel Studios.

Cheadle is best known for his Oscar nominated lead performance in Hotel Rwanda as well as his role as Basher Tarr in the Ocean's franchise, Crash and Swordfish.

Based on Marvel's iconic super hero, Iron Man 2 continues the story of this summer's box office blockbuster Iron Man, the first feature film produced independently by Marvel Studios. Iron Man 2 will be produced by Marvel Studios' President, Kevin Feige, and executive produced by Louis D'Esposito, Jon Favreau, Stan Lee, David Maisel and Denis Stewart.

In a movie event, The Avengers will bring together the super hero team of Marvel Comics characters for the first time ever, including Iron Man, Captain America, Thor, the Hulk and more, as they are forced to band together to battle the biggest foe they've ever faced.

The highly anticipated sequel to Iron Man will be released in theatres on May 7, 2010 and The Avengers will be released July 15, 2011. Both films will be distributed by Paramount Pictures.

Director Jon Favreau, who is preparing to helm Iron Man 2 for Marvel Studios and Paramount Pictures, recently gave an interview in which he discussed the challenges facing Marvel's live-action film version of The Avengers, which the Web-friendly filmmaker will exec produce.

"I'm going to get a little more involved now with what goes on with the other movies. I'm very excited about Kenneth Branagh, I can't wait to see his take on Thor and we're really looking at the (Captain America) stuff, very closely," Favreau told Ain't it Cool News. "For one because we put the shield in there and Tony's legacy… Howard Stark's legacy somehow is related to… there's some relationship between Tony's father and what was going on in World War II, in the Marvel Universe, and Shield, so we're trying to lay some pipe here so that when it all happens it feels somewhat inevitable."

The greatest challenge facing the filmmakers, Favreau says, is achieving a tonal balance for all the upcoming Marvel movies, and he cites Thor in particular as "the most difficult one to integrate into this reality. And if it can be properly done then you get a great version of Avengers. If not, Avengers is going to seem like Roger Rabbit with different cartoon characters from different worlds, you have Betty Boop next to Daffy Duck next to Donald Duck you know."

The director believes Marvel's decision to shoot Iron Man 2, The First Avenger: Captain America, Thor, and The Avengers at L.A.'s Raleigh Studios will help accomplish that. "I think a really good step in that direction is them getting this facility down at Manhattan Beach so that all the films will be working out of the same studio and shooting on the same stages and they'll be prepping and posting and we'll all be in that one area so we can bounce back and forth and hopefully they'll be a generosity of creative input between all of the filmmakers and writers and producers so that we could come up with something that's much more synergistic than anything that has been seen before. But it's a tall order."
Old 11-04-2008, 06:56 AM
For Vendetta

November 03, 2008

Fans have been wondering why Terrence Howard was replaced by Don Cheadle in the role of Jim "Rhodey" Rhodes in Iron Man 2. A new report claims to shed light on what happened behind the scenes that led to the casting switch.

According to Entertainment Weekly, Howard was reportedly "difficult" on the set of Iron Man and, as the first actor officially signed for the film, reportedly got paid the most, even more than star Robert Downey Jr. Furthermore, EW claims, director Jon Favreau "and his producers were ultimately unhappy with Howard's performance, and spent a lot of time cutting and reshooting his scenes."

The magazine goes on to say that "when Favreau and screenwriter Justin Theroux went to map out the sequel they found themselves minimizing Howard's story line. Once Marvel learned that Favreau was thinking of curtailing the role, the studio went to the actor's agents with a new and drastically reduced offer — a number that's similar to what supporting cast members were paid for the first movie."

Needless to say, neither side could agree on a deal at such a reduced rate and Cheadle was cast as Rhodey instead.
Old 11-04-2008, 07:12 AM
AKA Vampenguin/Dark_Hero

Send a message via AIM to The_Return
It bugs me when they switch actors like that...but I think Cheadle will be a million times better than Howard as War Machine.
Old 11-11-2008, 06:33 AM
For Vendetta

November 10, 2008

Marvel Studios has tapped Joe Johnston to suit up and direct its superhero actioner “The First Avenger: Captain America.”

Johnston is readying a redo of “The Wolfman” at Universal Pictures, which bows in April.

Marvel is looking to launch a new franchise, starring Captain America to follow successful launches of Iron Man and a reboot of The Incredible Hulk. Pic bows May 6, 2011, with Paramount distribbing.

A thesp has yet to be cast as Captain America, who will also co-star in “The Avengers,” also hitting screens in 2011.

Pic will introduce Steve Rogers, who volunteers to participate in an experimental program that turns him into the patriotic super soldier known as Captain America.

Marvel Studios’ prexy Kevin Feige will produce, Louis D’Esposito, Stan Lee and Marvel Studios chairman David Maisel will exec produce.

Johnston, who previously helmed “The Rocketeer,” “October Sky” and “Jurassic Park III,” is also developing “The Death and Life of Charlie St. Cloud.”
Old 01-02-2009, 07:08 PM
For Vendetta

Jan 02, 2009

One of the big questions about how Marvel's God of Thunder would make his transition from the Thor movie to The Avengers has reportedly been answered.

According to IESB, rumor has it that "the character of Donald Blake has been added to the end of the script. Let me reiterate that he wasn't there before, the script was set entirely in the land of the Norse Gods. The introduction of the character is essential to how Marvel will tie Thor into the Avengers that is set in contemporary Tony Stark/Hulk timeframe. It explains how the actual Thor film will be set in the ancient time of the Norse Gods and how they will subsequently bring the character into a modern time with Donald Blake discovering the magical Norse hammer Mjolnir and turning into Thor."

Marvel reminds us of the comic book history of the character of Dr. Donald Blake: "Thor chased a monster into the land of the Frost Giants, a breech of protocol that nearly sparked a war in all of Asgard. Odin had to teach Thor a lesson. He created a mortal body for him, one with a lame leg, and sent Thor, stripped of his powers and memories, to Earth. Thor arrived on the campus of New York State College of Medicine as Donald Blake. Blake proved to be the humble and patient man Odin had hoped for. He eventually graduated with top honors, gained a reputation as a caring family doctor and a brilliant surgeon, and opened a private practice in New York City. His nurse, Jane Foster, was equally caring and competent, and the two began to fall in love."

IESB adds that, in addition to directing Thor, Kenneth Branagh will play an unspecified supporting role in the film as well. Branagh previously acted and directed in films such as Henry V, Hamlet, Dead Again, and Much Ado About Nothing.
Old 01-02-2009, 07:14 PM
Get ahold of yourself.

Send a message via AIM to massacre man
Someone hurry up and goddamn cast him!
Old 01-03-2009, 12:44 PM
whatever gets you through

i still can't see thor working - it just is going to look silly. iron man - yes; hulk - yes; but the regular humans could look absolutely ridiculous. i'm not even convinced they can do cap well.

but i will wait patiently to see if this ever materializes
Old 01-03-2009, 12:51 PM
AKA Vampenguin/Dark_Hero

Send a message via AIM to The_Return
Quote:
Originally Posted by _____V_____ View Post
IESB adds that, in addition to directing Thor, Kenneth Branagh will play an unspecified supporting role in the film as well....
I'd bet damn good money that he'll cast himself as Loki - been saying that right from the day he signed on.