Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror.com Lobby > Horror.com General Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 06-27-2010, 09:50 PM
For Vendetta

The next HDC Top 100 - I need YOUR help!

We have hammed and hawed through numerous subjects to make our next top 100 compilation, but somehow none of those discussed could exactly fit the bill. I went back to 2006 and rummaged through my mentor Flayed's threads and my old threads, and saw that we have left out one group of individuals who really, REALLY deserve to be recognised in their own Top 100.

Because folks, we are all lovers of horror. And for every horror movie to be a horror movie, he/she is an essential and integral part.

To make things a bit more clear - "It's time to give the Devil his due."

Yes, I am talking about all the fantastic villains who have graced the horror silver-screen from ages and generations. Right from the times of Lon Chaney Sr's Phantom and Graf Orlok, to the modern-day Jigsaw, the villains in horror movie history have evolved continously through the decades. Some really menacing, unstoppable, relentless, brutal, savage, merciless...think of every known evil adjective for them and you will immediately have a horror movie villain fitting that bill in your thoughts. Mainstream, cult, creature, monster, slasher, killer, psychopaths...all of them dominating the horror films with their larger-than-screen presence.

I ask for your help. It's been a long time since we made our last one so let's make this project the most memorable of the lot.

Put your thinking caps on, and your mind back to all the wonderful and awesome villains you have seen in horror movies in all the years you have watched them, and send me your top 20 horror movie villains. You may rank them if you like, or you may send in an no-ranked list, either way your opinions will count in the final compilation.

PMs are welcome, but with the BR not done yet, I would prefer if you sent it to my email at [email protected]. A simultaneous prodding post to this thread confirming the same would be of help.

Keeping the tradition of Top 100's intact, the deadline is spread right into the next month. You all have till the last week of July.

Let's do this. :)
Old 06-27-2010, 09:57 PM
Cranky

Great idea.

Cartoon Artwork, Underground Art, Other Weird Stuff
Old 06-27-2010, 10:24 PM
For Vendetta

Knew you would like it. :)

One more thing, folks - judge them by their performances and their on-screen presence too, and not only by their popularity among the masses alone.

Try to be slightly impartial, if you can.

Take your time over it. Don't rush your decisions AND your emails to me.
Old 06-27-2010, 10:33 PM
Pirate of Bengal

hehe...you may have know that I have already trying to compile a list of my personal Hundred Horror movies. So I think it will be "easy" for me to make a list of horror movie villains out of them...but to narrow them into only 20 is going to be bit challenging.

Anyway, kudos to V for again coming with an awesome project idea. Hope you can get my e-mail very soon. :)
Old 06-27-2010, 10:44 PM
Misanthrope

Decisions, decisions.

Great idea V this one will take some thinking about!
Old 06-28-2010, 02:04 AM
Pirate of Bengal

I have already sent my list of Top 20 Horror Movie Villains, please check your e-mail...:)
Old 06-28-2010, 02:46 AM
Whip In My Valise

I'll be sending my list in shortly.
Old 06-28-2010, 03:24 AM
Whip In My Valise

My computer won't let me e-mail you so here's my list in no particular order:

Norman Bates (Psycho)
Hannibal Lecter (Silence Of The Lambs)
Dr. Szell (Marathon Man)
Alien (Alien)
Jack Torrance (The Shining)
Bruno Antony (Strangers On A Train)
Harry Powell (Night Of The Hunter)
Freddy Krueger (Nightmare On Elm Street)
Mrs. Danvers (Rebecca)
Asami Yamazaki (Audition)
Annie Wilkes (Misery)
The Tall Man (Phantasm)
Raymond Lemorne (The Vanishing)
Baby Jane Hudson (What Ever Happened To Baby Jane)
Rhoda Penmark (The Bad Seed)
Jigsaw (Saw)
The Duke (Salo The 120 Days Of Sodom)
Predator (Predator)
John Doe (Seven)
Michel Delassalle (Diabolique)

Last edited by TheWickerFan; 06-28-2010 at 05:33 AM.
Old 06-28-2010, 04:35 AM
For Vendetta

Thanks for your list, WickerFan. If you think of some more as your Honorable Mentions, feel free to send me a PM. You can even edit your Top 20 list within the deadline given. No worries.

Quote:
I have already sent my list of Top 20 Horror Movie Villains, please check your e-mail...
Yes I got it Rosh. Thanks. :)

Quote:
Great idea V this one will take some thinking about!
Thanks, mate! I know you will be sending in some pretty obscure ones in your list.

3 entries in already. I expect PLENTY more from anyone and everyone reading this thread.

Remember folks, my PM box and my email will wait eagerly for your contribution.

Last edited by _____V_____; 06-28-2010 at 04:38 AM.
Old 06-28-2010, 06:55 AM
A little glass vial?

Send a message via MSN to nightmare_of _death Send a message via Yahoo to nightmare_of _death Send a message via Skype™ to nightmare_of _death
Great idea V I'll be working on a list!