Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > Music

Old 12-08-2003, 09:45 PM
Decapitated

Send a message via Yahoo to coldwhisper
Quote:
Originally posted by Arioch
Indeed played out but what isnt right?

hmmmm.. could quite get my finger on that one. maybe they overdid the lyrics??? i dunno.
Old 12-08-2003, 09:48 PM
Decapitated

ooops .... that's COULDN'T my mistake..
Old 12-08-2003, 10:01 PM
Post-Moderation

lol no i was just agreeing with you that they are overplayed.
Old 12-09-2003, 11:31 PM
Decapitated

ARRRGGGHH... its on again!!! :mad:

I'm smashing my face on the screen now... smashy smashy!
Old 12-09-2003, 11:34 PM
Post-Moderation

LMAO if you do that everytime shitty music comes on you wont last long hun lol.
Old 12-09-2003, 11:43 PM
Decapitated

there.. i feel better now. LOL
Old 12-10-2003, 01:13 PM
Scares Little Kids

Send a message via AIM to vulpesnoctus Send a message via Yahoo to vulpesnoctus
While it's certainly healthy and part of the American Spirit to debate likes and dislikes, I believe that Evanescence does not 'suck', they are not 'lame' and they certainly don't 'fuckin blow'. Perhaps you don't like their particular form of music or maybe you just don't like the fact that they're famous and popular amongst those aged 11-17 (which is a choice demographic as far as music goes). Whatever the reason is, one should recognize their legitimacy as a band and as makers of music.

That said, I don't particularly care for them (though I do enjoy their singer -- she's got talent).
Old 12-10-2003, 02:29 PM
Undead

Thumbs up

Evanescence is boring,its nu-metal and i hate it.the only good things is the vocalist,she have a great voice but the band sucks,their gutarist is terrible,the drummer too and the damn rap voice is so gay,i know its only in Bring Me To Life but its gay anyway!people who like that really should check out band like Nightwish,Tristania,Lacuna Coil...They are Gothic Metal,not shitty nu-metal like evanescence and their Lyrics are not dumb like ''Bring Me To Life'' or ''Going Under''...and the Nightwish Drummer and Guitarist are amazing and in Tristania there is a death metal vocal...
Old 12-10-2003, 02:39 PM
RUN RABBIT...RUN!!!

I hate the band, the chick is hot though
But I hate the whole nu metal scene (well, I got my own nu metal bands, cause the media refers to allot of bands as nu metal when they aren't)
I hate those "we got the worsed guitarist in the world and still make money, easy riffplaying" bands

lol
sorry
the act of slow piercing is a transcendent spiritual event. there is no pain just sensation you observe the body, experiencing the sensation, surrender to the experience feel the indorful lush as the surgical steel slices through
Old 12-10-2003, 11:10 PM
Post-Moderation

Quote:
While it's certainly healthy and part of the American Spirit to debate likes and dislikes, I believe that Evanescence does not 'suck', they are not 'lame' and they certainly don't 'fuckin blow'. Perhaps you don't like their particular form of music or maybe you just don't like the fact that they're famous and popular amongst those aged 11-17 (which is a choice demographic as far as music goes). Whatever the reason is, one should recognize their legitimacy as a band and as makers of music.
Since when does it require talent to be successful??This band is popular ONLY because it is pushed by a MAJOR record label and they have backing. Forced on MTV everyday what 11-17 year old doesnt buy whatever MTV force feeds them? Just listen to their guitar riffs or background music, its not BAD. Its just uninspired, rehashed, and lame. Ill admit that the SINGER has talent. But lets face it, those band members could(and probably should be) replaced by anyone and no one would notice.

Im just tired of bands like this with generic ass songs getting blasted with praise and record offers while ORIGINAL bands like Muse and Lecuna Coil (who are pretty decent BTW satanic, not something i would probably BUY but talented and you can HEAR it in ALL aspects of the songs) go on without publicity, major label backing, and decent management and end up slipping through the cracks unnoticed.

And more great music goes unheard and unwanted.....