Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > Horror Fiction Posts

Old 08-23-2010, 11:05 AM
Little Boo

Currently looking for Talented writers for future Anthology

Hello All,

My name is Jason Baker and I am a photographer who is currently working on a book series anthology called "Abandoned" see below post about the book.

Basically the concept of the book is to take photos that I have taken of old abandoned buildings such as Hospitals, Jails, Santatariums, Motels, Houses, Business, and much more and make a story out of them.

I do have the first book of the series already released and that was released in March of 2010, to find more out about that you can go to:

http://www.blurb.com/my/book/detail/1209915

I also just finished the second anthology book in the series and that is due to be released in October of this year.

This series is very important to me and I plan on adding to the series and am looking for writers to be involved in upcoming books in the series

if you are interested please e-mail me at [email protected]

also is a review of the first book:

Abandoned
‘Horror stories inside the world of decaying madness’

A review by Charlotte Emma Gledson

Photography by Jason Baker

Contributing authors –

T.H Davis
Todd Martin
Stephen W Roberts
Seb Naylor
Jonathan Moon

‘Abandoned’ is a deliciously dark delve into the secrets behind the eerie, forgotten decaying buildings that stand forlorn and forsaken due to the ravages of time. With excellent and skilful photography by Jason Baker he has creatively captured the stark yet beguiling soul of neglected hospitals, mental asylums and prisons, inviting the reader to discover the secrets that are harboured within their crumbling walls.
Jason Baker invited five established authors to use his haunting photographs as an inspiration to create disturbing and nightmarish tales of dark fiction.

SALMON HALL – T.H.Davis

Edward K. Arvine finds himself wandering the grounds of a derelict red bricked building. Plagued by sudden, random headaches where he experiences vivid flashbacks, he is driven to enter the imposing, mysterious building.
T.H. Davis delivers an excellent tale with ‘Salmon Hall’. His use of atmospheric tension will leave the reader enthralled, as he commands the story to a harrowing conclusion. An excellent read, T.H Davis is a powerful writer and is a name to look out for in the future.

JUST A NIGHT IN THE WOODS – Todd Martin

Clyde befriends Ray, a rough and aggressive loner who, always in the throes of trouble, will get his kicks out of disturbing the peace and hitting not only the bars, but men and women alike. Together they go on a jaunt into the woods knowing only too well that there is a murderer on the loose, but eager to cause trouble nonetheless. Reaching the cabin, Clyde and Ray find themselves facing an unwelcome visitor who is out to spoil their fun.
Todd Martin’s ‘Just A Night In The Woods’ is reminiscent in style of the late great Richard Laymon. Gruesome and graphic, this story will have the reader on permanent tenterhooks, with shocking twists and turns leaving the reader transfixed.

THE CEMETERY PROJECT OF MAINE INSANE – Stephen W. Roberts.

Writer Kelly Novak embarks on a journey to Maine to help out his niece Ashley on her media project. Here, the one time ghost- hunter now writes about hauntings, instead of investigating them. Once within the core of the mental hospital, Kelly, Ash and her colleagues are alone with their camera, hoping to film any glimmer of activity. Unfortunately, the group have unearthed dark and sinister spirits, each with a vengeful need causing the group to face unimaginable horrors.
Stephen W. Roberts writes this with easy professionalism. ‘The Cemetery Project of Maine Insane’, is a tale of revenge and fear, with great characterisation, giving the reader an in depth understanding of the characters motivation.

REMNANTS – Seb Naylor

Zack discovers a dark and disturbing secret from his ‘gifted’ girlfriend Selena. She takes him to the now abandoned Brooks Manor, in hope to resolve and destroy an abomination that wreaks havoc and revenge on those who have crossed his path. Can this ultimate evil be destroyed? As Zack learns more about his past, fear and revulsion consume him.
Seb Naylor writes with confidence and fluidity.
‘Remnants’ is a poignant tale, leaving the reader with great sympathy for the characters. With attention to detail and atmosphere, Seb Naylor is a captivating author.

CONVERSING DOCTOR DEFEO – Jonathan Moon

Karen Myers and her partner Jay are investigating an abandoned asylum. Her research draws her to the derelict building when suddenly she finds herself alone and held at ransom - facing the ultimate horror.
Jonathan Moon produces a story that engages and engrosses the reader with his particular style of writing. ‘Conversing Dr Defeo’ holds the attention with his detailed and explicit descriptions, transporting the reader into the zone of the story, which will make you think twice about visiting abandoned asylums after dark.

‘Abandoned’ is an exciting read. The essence of Jason Baker’s photographs come alive with the stories that have been wonderfully crafted by five talented authors.
The only negative point is that the editing needs to be closely corrected.
I recommend dark fiction and photography fans to pick up a copy of this little gem of dark tales, which will indeed leave an impression on the reader.

'Abandoned' was Reviewed by - Charlotte Emma Gledson – Author of ‘The Lonely Tree and Other Twisted Tales Of Torment’.