Old 08-26-2009, 09:48 PM
That fucking Guy...

Any word on that remote control ball?
I'd really love to find one, but my searches aren't getting too many results.
All I remember is that it was red, had a hard plastic exterior, and was about 25% smaller than the average basketball.

I'd also love to find the RC rolling robot that I can talk through, but I'd probably be able to find an equivalent if not the original?

One thing I used to do, almost like a toy in itself, was something I learned from another kid.
He used to cut up pieces of metal coathanger, about an inch long, then make a sticky-tape "tube" around one end of it, with just enough distance past the metal to hold a singular ring-cap piece in place. We'd go around throwing them in front of people. Bit of a modification of what used to be referred to as a "throw-down", just a bit more stable.
I changed it, kind of...or took the idea a bit further. Probably due to my love of the other toy, the army guy one where you throw up a soldier and he parachutes? I liked things that fell I guess.
So I started making large cardboard planes, and sticking 3-4 nails on the front of 'em each with the stickytape configuration with ring caps on the end - so you'd throw this big plane up, the nails would weigh it down and ensure the "explosion" when the plane took a nosedive.
I called them "crash planes". One of my teachers pointed out that it was a little morbid, but yknow, back in the day if capguns were allowed there, I wasn't gonna be told not to make crash planes.

While on the caps thing, one time in early highschool, I tried to empty out about 200 of 'em into a folded piece of paper to ignite at a later time, I'd got to around 50-60, and my teacher came over to me to ask what I was doing, I closed the paper over and that was all it took it seemed for them all to ignite. Nobody was hurt but it was a bit unexpected.

Shortly after that, I moved on to making things that went bang? I don't want to say explosives but I guess they might fall into a similar category?
Those soda bulb/whipped cream bulbs, anyone ever throw one into a fire? have it go off?
Most of the time though they'd just spring a leak, but if you put a fuse (usually 2-3 sparklers) against 'em, wrapped tightly in one layer of foil, one layer of electrical tape, one more layer of foil and clear-tape the whole thing, it would almost always ensure the thing blew up. I saw these things take out letterboxes from brick, pop car tyres, break glass, and sometimes fly so damn far up in the air they'd be in the air for about 20 seconds. That said, I wouldn't want to be hit by one...so yeah **don't try this at home** and all.
Old 08-30-2009, 04:52 AM
Misanthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by urgeok2 View Post
thinking about all the awsome stuff i had as a kid that my parents must have thrown away - i vowed never to do that to my kid.
A lot of mine were passed on to my nephews and cousins. Which was a pity because I'd like a lot of that stuff back. I don't think I minded at the time didn't think of myself wanting them back for nostalgic reasons.
Old 01-11-2012, 10:20 PM
Scares Little Kids

[Thread Necromancy]

I remember I used to have some Resident Evil action figures (The ones made by ToyBiz) when I was younger (About ten). I had Chris, Jill, two zombies, and I think a Tyrant.
Old 01-12-2012, 03:32 AM
Whip In My Valise

:(
Old 01-16-2012, 08:53 AM
From The Beyond

I had a lot of ghostbusters stuff including Marshmallow man and that one monster cheeba mentioned where the eye would pop out on a string.
Some horror themed board games-Atmosfear, Key To The Kingdom memory not good enough to remember others.

I had a lot of WWF action figures, some He-man, thundercats, star wars, Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles, some cars and vans. Had to give them all over to my nephew who duly broke and or lost them all when I went to college.
Old 01-16-2012, 09:07 PM
mostly ghostly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fearonsarms View Post
Some horror themed board games-Atmosfear
Oh man! I had this game, too. I also had its predecessor, a game called Nightmare, which had a similar VHS component and I believe the same actor playing the Gatekeeper character.
Old 01-26-2012, 10:35 AM
From The Beyond

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortunato View Post
Oh man! I had this game, too. I also had its predecessor, a game called Nightmare, which had a similar VHS component and I believe the same actor playing the Gatekeeper character.
Wow I had no idea there was a predecessor to it hard to believe now how exciting as a kid it was to play a game with a sychronised video on at the same time-loved the Gatekeeper character we just used to laugh our heads at him and tell him to f-off, he was brill