Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Classic Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 01-26-2004, 01:13 AM
Misanthrope

Arrow Body Parts and torn and transplanted by Eric Red

I really like this movie I watched it again after getting into The Hitcher and Near Dark. I really dig Eric Red as a script writer and director his stories have such a dark tone. What do you think of this film alot of people prefer the Michael Cane vehicle The Hand.

Last edited by Elvis_Christ; 01-26-2004 at 01:17 AM.
Old 01-26-2004, 10:48 AM
Cryptkeeper

Send a message via AIM to avenger00soul Send a message via Yahoo to avenger00soul
Body Parts is certainly not Red's best material. But it's not terrible either. Jeff Fahey was good in it.
Old 01-26-2004, 11:20 AM
Evil Dead

I like Body Parts better than The Hand--but the latter was Oliver Stone's directorial debut, and I saw Commander USA rip into it once, so I'm not saying anything bad about it.

I like every movie Red worked on--Cohen and Tate, Blue Steel, Undertow, Last Outlaw, everything. I read that his first film was a college thing called Gunaman's Blues but can't find it anywhere, not even in bootleg catalogues.

a few yrs ago Eric blacked out and ran his jeep through the front of a bar, killing at least one girl and hurting a few others. By the time the police got there, he was trying to cut his throat with a broken bottle. At first no charges were going to be pressed, but then the family of the dead girl raised a fuss because apparently he had some sort of medical condition that prohibited him from driving at night. It was in all the fanzines for a while, and then they dropped the story after a few months so I don't know what eventually happened. Anyone know anything about this? Before the accident, he was set to write and direct a movie at Dimension.

Eric, we miss ya.
Old 01-26-2004, 04:31 PM
Misanthrope

Wow :eek: I never heard about that accident! Hopefully he will be back in action soon.