Old 10-10-2011, 07:26 PM
cynical feline

Quote:
Originally Posted by neverending View Post
It's pretty sad when an accomplished director like Ron Howard can't get a green light on an adaptation of a work by the most popular horror writer ever.....
Indeed. I think the suits and bean counters are too preoccupied with churning out remakes it seems.
Old 10-10-2011, 07:37 PM
Evil is Better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Church View Post
Indeed. I think the suits and bean counters are too preoccupied with churning out remakes it seems.
Yeah probably. I get their hesitation though. Even though i havent read the whole series, i can tell that its a big deal and pretty different. They probably saw it as a risk and decided against it.
Old 10-10-2011, 07:47 PM
cynical feline

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Villain View Post
Yeah probably. I get their hesitation though. Even though i havent read the whole series, i can tell that its a big deal and pretty different. They probably saw it as a risk and decided against it.
It would seem like a safe bet to me.

King has over 20 different works that are directly or indirectly referenced in the Dark Tower series. One would think that they would be eager to capatilize on that.
Old 10-10-2011, 07:50 PM
Evil is Better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Church View Post
It would seem like a safe bet to me.

King has over 20 different works that are directly or indirectly referenced in the Dark Tower series. One would think that they would be eager to capatilize on that.
From what i've heard though, and correct me if i'm wrong, but aren't the Dark Tower books pretty out there?
Old 10-10-2011, 08:00 PM
cynical feline

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Villain View Post
From what i've heard though, and correct me if i'm wrong, but aren't the Dark Tower books pretty out there?
That's a really good question.

I suppose "out there" is kind of subjective really, but if i was going to try to compare the series as a whole to one of Kings standard protagonist against the random evil personification story - then yes. In that respect it would be kind of out there because worlds revolve around/within worlds and ones bearings aren't always as straightforward and coherent.

I can see someone who reads King possibly not getting into this series.
It's quite cerebral, and too many people prefer that their thinking be done for them.