Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > Games
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 10-19-2012, 08:38 PM
For Vendetta

Borderlands 2

Hearing good things. Anyone played it yet?
Old 10-20-2012, 03:54 AM
No, fuck YOU

Also only heard good things.

Problem is i played the first ones for more than a hundred hours and after that i bought all the expansions. I kinda had enough after that.

This second one looks like more of the same and i'm not sure i ever gonna buy it. Now, Assassin's Creed 3 on the other hand... can't wait!!
Old 10-20-2012, 06:12 AM
Midnight toker

I'm playing it.... It's really good, lots of small improvements from the first. If you want an rpg styled game but with a bit more of a console feel then this is still the best game out there by a long way. There's four new characters to choose from, who are all pretty cool, but I do kinda miss the characters from the first.

Like Angra said though, ultimately it is more of the same. I played all the expansions in the first and still really enjoying the second. For me, I love the rpg style but don't really have the time or patience anymore to really get into pc rpg's so Borderlands 2, like the first, fills that gap..... The best thing about the second, for me, is you can system link two xbox's and have 4 players on two screens which you couldn't do in the first. I'm mostly playing it on weekends with a bunch of friends which is the best way to experience it, in my opinion.

If you enjoyed the first I'd pick it up when you're ready for some more Borderlands action and you wont be disappointed, but if you're done with grinding levels and smashing psycho midgets its probably worth giving it a miss.
Old 10-20-2012, 08:50 AM
For Vendetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Straker View Post
I'm playing it....
Thanks for the heads up, Straker. Sounds promising. Will see if I can obtain a copy.
Old 11-10-2012, 03:42 AM
Hellraiser

Enjoyed the first one excellent boredom buster for me, Boderlands 2 is on my wish list
Old 11-10-2012, 05:52 AM
Midnight toker

Still playing through this... Level 45 and still lots of the second playthrough to get through. Realised when I hit about level 30 that the copy of the game I have has a free redeem code for the mechromancer character (extra character released a couple months after the main game). Started a playthrough with her, not got too far but still a cool character. Still getting lots of play out of the game, so well worth it for those still undecided. :cool:
Old 11-21-2012, 03:58 AM
Evil Puppy

Quote:
Still playing through this... Level 45 and still lots of the second playthrough to get through. Realised when I hit about level 30 that the copy of the game I have has a free redeem code for the mechromancer character (extra character released a couple months after the main game). Started a playthrough with her, not got too far but still a cool character. Still getting lots of play out of the game, so well worth it for those still undecided. :cool:
Yep, it's leaps and bounds in front of the first game as far as narrative goes as well. I'm still two bosses shy from completing the pirate DLC 100% and they've already released a new one. I've gotten a LOT of playtime out of this one. They do the carrot on a stick thing better than Diablo III IMO.
Old 11-21-2012, 06:37 AM
Midnight toker

Not got any DLC yet other than the extra character... Just finished my second play through and hit level 50 now. Moving on to all the end game bosses to farm some loot!

Diablo III can suck my balls until they patch PvP.... Played it for a few months, but as a long time D2 fan just got too frustrated waiting on the PVP patch. :rolleyes:
Old 11-21-2012, 07:43 AM
Evil Puppy

Quote:
Not got any DLC yet other than the extra character... Just finished my second play through and hit level 50 now. Moving on to all the end game bosses to farm some loot!

Diablo III can suck my balls until they patch PvP.... Played it for a few months, but as a long time D2 fan just got too frustrated waiting on the PVP patch. :rolleyes:
Diablo III was ok but I think the real money auction house put me off. I beat it in normal mode and never moved on you know? BL2 on the other hand I've been farming the crap out of in TVHM2.5 while working on other characters and waiting for friends to fight Hyperius and Gee with. I LOVE the respeccing too, so you don't need to create a new char. to play with a new build.
Old 11-21-2012, 07:59 AM
Midnight toker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Despare View Post
Diablo III was ok but I think the real money auction house put me off. I beat it in normal mode and never moved on you know? BL2 on the other hand I've been farming the crap out of in TVHM2.5 while working on other characters and waiting for friends to fight Hyperius and Gee with. I LOVE the respeccing too, so you don't need to create a new char. to play with a new build.
Yea, same here.... I've run through the game with a group of friends and been building up a mechromancer on the side. Hit level 50 last week but still feel like I've got a ton of content to get through and havent even thought about the DLC yet.