Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > True Crime
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 02-01-2004, 09:50 AM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Evisceration
4 Year Old Tests Positive For Cocain

http://www.wstm.com/Global/story.asp?S=1622081

TROY, N.Y. (AP) - Police here want to know why a four-year-old girl tested positive for cocaine.

A test showed the drug in the urine of the preschooler after her teacher became suspicious when she saw the girl and her Head Start classmates playing with small balloons, police said.

The children behaved strangely when asked who brought the balloons to class, according to police. Since the children touched the balloons with their mouths, the teacher called in a health monitor, who then noticed the girl's vital signs were elevated.

The girl and four other preschoolers who handled the balloons were taken to a hospital for drug tests. Police said the school notified the parents immediately and the parents gave hospital workers permission to test their children.

Only the four-year-old girl's test came back positive, police said.

Tests on the balloons showed they weren't tainted with cocaine, but state crime-lab workers are double-checking to make sure those results are correct.

"It's likely that the innocent introduction of balloons into this daycare brought us to the point of finding dangerous drugs in the system of a four-year-old," Troy Police Detective John Cooney said. "We don't routinely test our four-year-old preschoolers for dangerous drugs."

The child is home with her mother in Troy while police and social workers continue to investigate.

"We're interviewing everyone who has come into contact with her," Cooney said.

Police said the girl's relatives have cooperated during interviews and submitted to drug tests.

(Copyright 2004 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
Old 02-01-2004, 09:59 PM
Post-Moderation

thats pretty insane. I wonder where she got it from. I cant imagine a 4 year old on cocaine, i bet she was literally bouncing off the walls lol.......its not funny i shouldnt laugh.....
Old 02-02-2004, 12:15 AM
Decapitated

Send a message via Yahoo to coldwhisper
hmmmm.. I guess the girl didn't take it by herself.. That is just sick.. i mean why would someone drug a little girl??!!
Old 02-02-2004, 07:26 PM
Analrapist

i shudder at the thought. for some reason, when something horrible happens to an adult, i of course feel sorry for those who are affected. but when something happens to a child or animal, that just fucking depresses me...

Thug means never having to say you're sorry.
Old 02-03-2004, 03:12 PM
willows mommy

i feel bad for the kid. i saw the thread title and went OMG how did a 4yr get a hold o cocaine and so i read it. very depressing i don't like to hear about things happening to kids or animals.

WICKED LADYS BUDDY

Human passions have mysterious ways, in children as well as grown-ups. Those affected by them can't explain them, and those who haven't known them have no understanding of them at all. -neverending story (the book)
Old 02-04-2004, 12:07 AM
Evil Dead

I wouldn't feel TOO bad - I mean, doctors give kids suffering from ADD straight up meth if they don't take to Ritalin. If someone gave her cocain, well... that is a bit disturbing, but her life doesn't sound like it was in danger or anything. Maybe she just got into her parent's stash and thought it was sugar or something. :-p