Old 02-14-2007, 11:16 PM
HDC Resident Cynic

I absolutely loved this film. Every actor was killer in their roles.
Especially Jack, Leo, and Alex Baldwin.
:confused: I can't believe Marky Mark is the only one nominated for an Oscar. :confused:
Old 02-15-2007, 12:26 AM
Evil Dead

The Departed on DVD.

Recently watched a DVD copy of The Departed. I have to say I am embarassed I haven't seen this film before now. This was one of the best films I've seen in years. The plot was superb, and the acting (surprisingly, with Leo Dicapprio and Matt Damon) was also superb. Action, suspense, intrigue... and an insane last ten minutes to this film. Anyone like me that thought this movie was likely to suck, do yourself a favor and go buy this film. You will not be disappointed. This movie already deserves to be labeled as CLASSIC.
Old 02-15-2007, 04:49 AM
Tenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unaboner3000 View Post
Recently watched a DVD copy of The Departed. I have to say I am embarassed I haven't seen this film before now. This was one of the best films I've seen in years. The plot was superb, and the acting (surprisingly, with Leo Dicapprio and Matt Damon) was also superb. Action, suspense, intrigue... and an insane last ten minutes to this film. Anyone like me that thought this movie was likely to suck, do yourself a favor and go buy this film. You will not be disappointed. This movie already deserves to be labeled as CLASSIC.
Leo has grown up, gotten some balls. He can justifiably called a great actor now. Have you seen Blood Diamond?
Old 02-15-2007, 09:59 AM
Eye Catching

I was pleasently surprised at how much I liked this film. I seen the trailer and knew I wanted to see the film just it wasnt one I was excited about. However after watching this film I would say I will buy the DVD (when I have money :( ) because I really enjoyed this film.
Old 02-15-2007, 08:14 PM
No charge for awesomeness

SPOILERS BELOW (Don't read the rest of my post if you haven't seen the film.)

There were a few plotpoints that I either missed or was confused on & was wondering if any of you guys know... Are the microprocessors ever found/recovered by anyone? Why did Matt Damon recommend Leo for the Medal of Merit when there wasn't really any need for him to do so at that point?

If you answer these questions, make sure to post a spoiler warning at the top of your post like I did as a courtesy to others that might not have seen this movie yet.
Old 02-15-2007, 08:57 PM
The Dork Knight

DEPARTED SPOILERS BELOW

When Frank hangs up with Sullivan and runs into Queenan and Dignam he says something along the lines of...''Yeah, I read about that..something about you guys picking up some chinamen with a briefcase full of light circuits or something.''

As for Sullivan putting Costigan up for the medal, Since Costello was gone and that case was done with I'm guessing Costigan's undercover work became known. So in an attempt to furthur remove any suspision that may've been there after indirectly blowing his head off, he played the good guy role a little extra.

It was after pretty much everything was said and done, so I don't think there's any definite answer or signifigance to it. What I got from it was a nervous guy trying to make himself look as good and not guilty as possible.
Old 02-15-2007, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUSTIN316426808 View Post
DEPARTED SPOILERS BELOW

When Frank hangs up with Sullivan and runs into Queenan and Dignam he says something along the lines of...''Yeah, I read about that..something about you guys picking up some chinamen with a briefcase full of light circuits or something.''
Yeah. That's why I'm wondering what happened to the real processors because that was what the cops were asking him. What I got out of that was that he ripped the Chinese guys off & sold them fakes. So what happened to the real ones?

Quote:
As for Sullivan putting Costigan up for the medal, Since Costello was gone and that case was done with I'm guessing Costigan's undercover work became known. So in an attempt to furthur remove any suspision that may've been there after indirectly blowing his head off, he played the good guy role a little extra.

It was after pretty much everything was said and done, so I don't think there's any definite answer or signifigance to it. What I got from it was a nervous guy trying to make himself look as good and not guilty as possible.
Yeah, that could be. I guess it makes sense.
Old 02-15-2007, 09:29 PM
The Dork Knight

DEPARTED SPOILERS BELOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwind22 View Post
Yeah. That's why I'm wondering what happened to the real processors because that was what the cops were asking him. What I got out of that was that he ripped the Chinese guys off & sold them fakes. So what happened to the real ones?

Oooooh...I don't believe they explained that. After Costello died it wasn't really necessary to go on about it and they went on with the rest of the story.
Old 02-15-2007, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUSTIN316426808 View Post

DEPARTED SPOILERS BELOW

Oooooh...I don't believe they explained that. After Costello died it wasn't really necessary to go on about it and they went on with the rest of the story.

Hmm. I didn't think they covered it, but if those processors were such a big global threat, it's kinda funny that the film just left them floating around in the criminal underworld somewhere. Maybe they were in the box with the audio tapes that Costello left to Leonardo. ???
Old 02-15-2007, 09:57 PM
The Dork Knight

DEPARTED SPOILERS BELOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwind22 View Post
Hmm. I didn't think they covered it, but if those processors were such a big global threat, it's kinda funny that the film just left them floating around in the criminal underworld somewhere. Maybe they were in the box with the audio tapes that Costello left to Leonardo. ???

There's a number of ways you could look at it, one being they were in the box with the audio tapes as you said.

Another would be that the players left..Costigan, Sullivan and Ellerby...would at that point of a case(Costigan being completely out and Ellerby/Sullivan being high ranking officers) only be recieving any information still coming and not directly going to search Costello's establishments and whatnot. Therefor the remainder of anything to do with the case was no longer needed in the movie but rather behind the scenes so to speak. That's how I decided to put it together.

Last edited by AUSTIN316426808; 02-15-2007 at 10:02 PM.