Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Latest Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 10-04-2014, 08:55 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by _____V_____ View Post

Interesting twist on the timeless, classic fairy fable. Jolie, with her high-set and razor-sharp cheekbones, is perfectly cast. Rest of the actors rally well around her but Sharlto Copley feels out of place. Well-done effects add to the goodness.

If you are an ardent fan of Sleeping Beauty and the pure evil of Maleficent, best stay away. This is a tale of the other side of evil - an anti-heroine with a heart, who breaks everything, and mends it all back.

Yes, even THE kiss comes from her.

I watched this at the theater and I loved it!! I think everything was done fantastic!!

10/10

Old 10-05-2014, 06:45 AM
For Vendetta

Revisited it last night. Genuinely creepy, and still pretty effective. If only Harry Potter wasn't the lead character with his completely wooden smug filling the frames.

If you thought that a 2 hour, 45 minute-film filled with incessant explosions and metal-clanging is a fun ride, think again. I had to actually stop the film at the 1 hour, 40 minute-mark and take a 10-minute break just to give some respite to my ringing ears and continuously vibrating, screeching brain.

A totally unnecessary sequel with a non-existent plotline. At times even the characters must be wondering what the heck they were supposed to do. They could have easily cut at least 30-45 minutes of unnecessary chit-chat and kept the film's duration under tolerable time limits. Some of the dialogues make you want to shoot the screenplay writer. And, as if the giant robots weren't enough, we now have super-giant dinosaur transformers! As for the characters, Wahlberg seems totally lost, a chick who's in it just to show off her legs, her beau who's only expertise is to (supposedly) dodge exploding bombs in race cars, and a couple of talented actors such as Stanley Tucci and Kelsey Grammer who are totally wasted.

CGI is supposed to make audiences go "WOW!". But in this extremely overdone blockbuster, Bay has stretched the limits of it. So much so, that I was yawning all through the final half hour of the film.

Another sequel after this? Thanks, but no thanks.

* ½

Last edited by _____V_____; 10-05-2014 at 06:48 AM.
Old 10-05-2014, 06:47 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:

If you thought that a 2 hour, 45 minute-film filled with incessant explosions and metal-clanging is a fun ride, think again. I had to actually stop the film at the 1 hour, 40 minute-mark and take a 10-minute break just to give some respite to my ringing ears and continuously vibrating, screeching brain.

A totally unnecessary sequel with a non-existent plotline. At times even the characters must be wondering what the heck they were supposed to do. They could have easily cut at least 30-45 minutes of unnecessary chit-chat and kept the film's duration under tolerable time limits. Some of the dialogues make you want to shoot the screenplay writer. And, as if the giant robots weren't enough, we now have super-giant dinosaur transformers! As for the characters, Wahlberg seems totally lost, a chick who's in it just to show off her legs, her beau who's only expertise is to (supposedly) dodge exploding bombs in race cars, and a couple of talented actors such as Stanley Tucci and Kelsey Grammer who are totally wasted.

CGI is supposed to make audiences go "WOW!". But in this extremely overdone blockbuster, Bay has stretched the limits of it. So much so, that I was yawning all through the final half hour of the film.

Another sequel after this? Thanks, but no thanks.

* �
I remember watching "Revenge of the Fallen" in the theatre for my seventh birthday. My parents and I walked out because it was so loud and aggravating.
Old 10-06-2014, 01:02 AM
Little Boo

Happy Hell Night 1992

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0236283/

Not much different than your typical 80s slasher. The villain is this half-human warhammer swinging demonic priest that resembles Pinhead from Hellraiser very much. I liked it. The acting, camerawork etc. is fine and there was a couple of really cool kill scenes. Not anything revolutionary, but pretty much nice slasher worth checking out.
Old 10-06-2014, 07:00 AM
Evil Dead

LAND OF THE DEAD (2005)-While this can't hold a candle to NIGHT, DAWN and DAY, still a good little film I like. Moves well and nice cast in here, although I find Dennis Hopper remarkably restrained...was expecting SPEED/BLUE VELVET ranting! ***1/2
Old 10-06-2014, 09:23 PM
Misanthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadbeatAtDawn View Post
Found., 2012. 9/10
Watched that one last night. Very impressive.
Old 10-07-2014, 08:09 AM
Banned

Gone Girl---apparently spot on adaptation of the book [ I didn't read it ]

nice job by al involved...could have been trimmed a bit

A Walk Among The Tombstones--Liam took a break from Action Star [ though you might not think so in the first 5 minutes ]

very 70s movie vibe to it.....enjoyed it much
Old 10-07-2014, 09:16 AM
Evil Dead

8/10
Old 10-07-2014, 10:57 AM
Evil Dead

6/10
Old 10-07-2014, 12:28 PM
Evil Sweat

Quote:
Transformers 4
What were your thoughts on the previous 3?
I was so disappointed with the first one I could bear to watch another one.

Last edited by Baron Von Marlon; 10-07-2014 at 12:30 PM. Reason: Messed up the quote

Tags
movie