Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > Books & Fiction Writing

Old 09-20-2010, 02:23 PM
www.DarkRegions.com

Thumbs up NEW NOVELLA: Regret by acclaimed author of Eternal Vigilance series Gabrielle Faust!

Acclaimed horror author Gabrielle Faust unveils thrilling new demon novella from Dark Regions Press.

AUSTIN, TX – Acclaimed horror author Gabrielle Faust will unveil her latest work, a horror novella entitled Regret from Dark Regions Press on Sunday, September 19, 2010. The new work of this prolific new voice in horror has already garnered rave reviews and the respect of critics and peers alike.

Gabrielle Faust, referred to in genre circles as the new “Queen of Cyber Goth” and recently dubbed “New Orleans Vampire Royalty” deviates from her renowned presence in the vampire genre to dip her pen in the inkwell of demons and demonology with a twisted philosophical examination of human emotions and their ties to the antiquated mortal notion of “sin”.

“I am absolutely thrilled about this new project. It is very different from anything I have ever written before and, some might say, a bit controversial in certain aspects so I am eager to see just how my readership embraces it. I have been fascinated with the philosophical aspect of the definition of concepts such as ‘salvation’ and ‘damnation’ for as long as I can remember. Regret was the perfect opportunity for me to explore such themes while crafting a tale that is far more disturbing, in my opinion, than anything I have attempted before.” Remarked Gabrielle Faust about her new literary endeavor.

Synopsis:
Humanity is renowned for placing the blame for their most unspeakable actions in the palms of their “demons”. It would seem that for every crime, every indecency there is a minion of the Underworld assigned to it. The lucky ones balance precariously on the edge of damnation, always managing at the last minute to halt their impending doom. The unlucky ones succumb entirely or, in Marcus Glenfield’s case, find themselves following a much darker path than they ever could have imagined. After a strangely brutal twist of fate, Marcus becomes his own inner demon, that of the Demon of Regret. As he begins his new life as a tempter and collector of mortal souls, his path of damnation unfortunately crosses with that of Sonnellion, the Demon of Hatred, Cresil, the Demon of Slovenliness, Vetis, the Tempter of the Holy and finally Belial himself, the Prince of Wickedness. Through each of his interactions, Marcus gleans valuable insight into the purpose of his fellow demons within the greater hierarchy of existence, assisting his personal mission to collect the one soul that continues to preoccupy his every thought. However, will the wisdom of Hell’s ancient minions be enough to save him from a deadly encounter with Belial or does Hell have another plan for Marcus altogether?

Click here to read more about Regret by Gabrielle Faust!

"Regret" by Gabrielle Faust is a dark and haunting work, crafted with mood and elegance. Ms. Faust is a talented storyteller, and not to be missed." -- New York Times and USA Today bestselling author Heather Graham

"Gabrielle Faust's Regret is just about perfect. It's a modern day cosmology, a demonic game of cat and mouse, and another winner from of horror's most accomplished voices. Treat yourself to Regret, and pain never felt so good. -- Joe McKinney, author of Dead City and Apocalypse of the Dead

Watch the exclusive book trailer for Regret by Gabrielle Faust by clicking here!

Table of Contents

Introduction by John Palisano
Part 1: Desiderium
Part 2: Sonnellion
Part 3: Cresil
Part 4: Vetis
Part 5: Belial

Editons

Deluxe Thirteen Edition: 6''x9'', bound in leather, front cover stamped and spine stamped with the title and the author's name, includes artsy end papers, signature page which is signed by both author and artist, colored book ribbon with nice full colored header, 60lb. natural vellum stock, a beautiful slipcase and dust jacket. BONUS: contains interior illustrations by Gabrielle Faust!

100 Signed and Limited Hardcovers: 6''x9'', bound in leatherette, stamped on the spine with the title and author's name, includes 80lb. natural vellum end papers, signed by the author, colored book ribbon, multi-colored header, 60lb. natural vellum stock, and has a beautiful dust jacket.

What the literary world is saying about the work of Gabrielle Faust:

"Gabrielle Faust's REGRET is just about perfect. It's a modern day cosmology, a demonic game of cat and mouse, and another winner from one of horror's most accomplished voices. Treat yourself to REGRET. Sin and pain never felt so good."
-Joe McKinney, author of Dead City and Apocalypse of the Dead

"Regret by Gabrielle Faust is a dark and haunting work, crafted with mood and elegance. Ms. Faust is a talented storyteller, one not to be missed."
— New York Times and USA Today best-selling author Heather Graham

“This tale grabs the reader for a harrowing journey that is epic in scope but intimate in tone and detail. The vampires are savagely erotic, driven by equal parts duty and passion, in a way that will thoroughly satisfy any fan of dark fantasy.”
— Kim Paffenroth, Professor of Religious Studies, and author of Gospel of the Living Dead, Dying to Live and Valley of the Dead

“Gabrielle Faust is a fascinating new voice emerging from the nightmare of sound-alike authors. She is a writer to watch.”
— Del Howison, Bram Stoker Award winner

“Gabrielle Faust’s book is full of poetic imagery. She finds beauty in the shadows and the horror of a devastated civilization. Faust sheds new light on vampire culture, making them angels, instead of demons…For those that crave vampire fiction with a dark soul, Gabrielle Faust delivers on all levels.”
— Scars Magazine

“…Faust can really write and this book kicks Major League Ass. Her stylized prose is completely addictive and I was enthralled by her characters. If you don’t read this book at least once, you’re depriving yourself of a unique pleasure.”
— Greg Lamberson, Bram Stoker Award Winning author of Johnny Gruesome

More information about Gabrielle Faust may be found at http://www.gabriellefaust.com. Be sure to check the site for regular updates on appearances and signings throughout the year.

Publisher Contact:
Dark Regions Press
P.O. Box 1264
Colusa, CA, 95932
Dark Regions Press - Horror books, Fantasy books, Science Fiction books, Horror novels, Horror collections, Poetry collections and more!

Booking & Management:
To book Gabrielle Faust for an appearance, request an interview or obtain a full press kit please contact her manager, David Lowry of The Lowry Agency.
[email protected]
Allstate Insurance
2724 Old Elm Hill Pike
Nashville, TN 37214
615-618-6906
615-730-5761 Fax

Join our ongoing horror books raffle at:
http://www.horrorbooksraffle.com

Last edited by Chris_Morey; 09-20-2010 at 11:57 PM.

Tags
demon book, demon novella, demons, hades, hell