Old 09-16-2015, 04:51 AM
Horror > Everything

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roiffalo View Post
Well NATURALLY.

I'm watching it now too. Testing my new VHS tape in hopes it doesn't suffer the same fate as its sequel. So far so good.

Needless to say I love this movie. Most people probably see an adult store and think 'time to get my fap on!', I see one and I want to stick in The Howling.
Hilarious!! That scene is really hard to watch for me. Dee Wallace in peril is a dreadful thing!! I really like her as an actress, and, from the few times I've met her, as a human being as well.

Roi, I have quite a few doubles of horror movies on cassette. We'll have to work out a way for me to get them out to you. Your passion for the VHS really takes me back. I love it!
Old 09-19-2015, 08:45 AM
Horror > Everything

Another viewing of the Japanese classic, House, from 1977.
Old 09-19-2015, 03:40 PM
HDC's werewolf enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repo'd View Post
Hilarious!! That scene is really hard to watch for me. Dee Wallace in peril is a dreadful thing!! I really like her as an actress, and, from the few times I've met her, as a human being as well.

Roi, I have quite a few doubles of horror movies on cassette. We'll have to work out a way for me to get them out to you. Your passion for the VHS really takes me back. I love it!
Well at least her character went down like a boss in the end.

Aww thanks, Repo! If you're serious about getting rid of tapes there's always the Monster con meet up ;)
I could really use some new vhs horror to watch. My laptop's down so I've been just plowing through the few I have. I need a trip to Goodwill

Supposed to be happy, but I'm only getting colder. Wear a smile on my face, but there's a demon inside.
Free to use signature images and avatars!
Old 09-19-2015, 04:03 PM
"Wrong one, bitch!"

Halloween (1978)
Old 09-20-2015, 03:56 AM
Pirate of Bengal

Daughters of Darkness (1971)

>>: B

Razorback (1984)

>>: B+
Old 09-20-2015, 04:05 AM
Horror > Everything

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roiffalo View Post
Well at least her character went down like a boss in the end.

Aww thanks, Repo! If you're serious about getting rid of tapes there's always the Monster con meet up ;)
I could really use some new vhs horror to watch. My laptop's down so I've been just plowing through the few I have. I need a trip to Goodwill
Good plan! I'll see what doubles I have, and if they are titles you are interested in, I'll have them for you at the Bash. It would make me happy to pass them along to someone I know will watch and appreciate them.
Old 09-20-2015, 12:32 PM
病気の

Phantasm, 1979. 8/10

Thumb resize.
Old 09-20-2015, 06:12 PM
Horror Author

The last 80s movie I watched was Children of the Corn. A disturbing premise, for sure, but it's definitely one of those movies that doesn't have the same impact after you put it down for so long. Especially when you recognize the face of Sarah Connor in all her Terminator 2 badassery, it's a bit surreal to see her in the role of damsel in distress again. Plus, realizing that the actor who played Isaac was actually in his mid-20s at the time takes away a bit of the horror. Still a classic, though. Love it.

"I've walked through life with a very strange companion." -- Jake Whittaker, "The Owl"

Buy "Pleasant Nightmares"

Follow me on Tumblr

Follow me on Twitter

Follow me on Facebook

Last edited by Pleasant Nightmares; 09-20-2015 at 06:13 PM.
Old 09-20-2015, 07:12 PM
Evil Dead

Cannibal Holocaust (1980)

Self-proclaimed as "the most controversial film ever made" and often credited to creating the found footage genre, Cannibal Holocaust has a huge reputation to uphold, but brutal, sometimes unnecessary violence mixed with a relevant social commentary leave mixed results. Cannibal Holocaust follows an anthropologist traveling to the Amazon to find a missing documentary crew that were sent to film the cannibalistic tribes who lived in the jungles. After finding the lost footage, a news channel intends to broadcast the footage, and we are shown the grisly demise of the team. It's often referred to as one of the most disturbing movies of all time, and it certainly makes you feel a little dirty watching it. The torture and rape displayed by the indigenous tribe is just as shocking as the behavior the documentary team shows towards the tribe, so there's really nothing pleasant to watch in this film. One of the more famous lines in the movie asks who the savages really are: the cannibalistic tribe or the documentary crew. It presents some thought-provoking stuff, but it's so hard to ponder those themes when your senses are being assaulted by the graphic nature of this film. The social commentary in Cannibal Holocaust and the reputation itself makes this a must-watch for fans of extreme cinema; just don't try to watch this for entertainment.
Old 09-22-2015, 12:33 AM
Penthouse Pauper

Demons 2.