Old 11-03-2009, 05:31 AM
Bad Natured

From Within (2008). This little psychological thriller was actually a nice treat. The story itself was standard fare but well crafted and dark indeed. The acting was solid and worked well to make for some pretty ugly, self-righteous scenes driven by hatred. The camera-work kept things edgy. The scares were enough to keep one on edge, though it is not a flick for the gore hound and the like. The direction was adept as well. While the ending was a little predictable, the fact that it bravely followed through made up for this little shortcoming.

Behind the Mask: The Rise of Leslie Vernon (2006). Absolutely genius and hilarious, this is the perfect slasher 101 flick. While that last act was not as enjoyable as the first two, it is out of necessity to the overall theme of the movie and it should in no way detract from the brilliance of this lovely horror flick. Ashe.
d

Fate is my mistress, mother of the cruel abomination that is hope.
Old 11-03-2009, 07:42 AM
For Vendetta

Started my annual November movie marathon...

This year it's gonna be...yes you guessed that right...action movies. Lots and lots of 80s and 90s stuff.

Plus it gives me a chance to put these new Altec Lansing babies through the test...and they have some serious kickass output lemme tell ya!
Old 11-03-2009, 08:44 AM
Foxhole Atheist

Halloween 1,2 & 3 (Season of the Witch is prob my fav of the Halloween films)

Rogue

This was a surprisingly decent creature feature from the director of Wolf Creek. A tourist boat in the Australian outback travels into the territory of a giant crocodile and end up being trapped on a small island with the tide rising. Theres some good fx, well paced story and solid acting. Well worth checking out.

Red

Excellent film about a man who wants justice for the brutal murder of his aging companion, his dog Red, by a group of bad seed teens. Brian Cox is the lead and is absolutely fantastic, his character has had a life filled with tragedy and he displays this wonderfully. When his attempts to get the boys and their parents to face up to what they've done fails, he turns to other means. This is not a straight forward revenge flick but much more subtle and realistic, defo a must see in my book.

Battle Royalty, 2009
@Wolf_Scousemac
Old 11-03-2009, 01:22 PM
Scares Little Kids

Not horror, but I don't care because it is simply genius - Rocky Balboa (or Rocky VI as I like to call it).
Old 11-03-2009, 04:45 PM
Midnight toker

Freddy's Dead: The Final Nightmare.
Old 11-03-2009, 05:02 PM
Get ahold of yourself.

Send a message via AIM to massacre man
In The Mouth of Madness
Old 11-03-2009, 06:18 PM
Evil Dead

Send a message via MSN to missmacabre
Paranormal Activity. I really liked it, and it really scared me. If it wasn't the fact that some jerk spoiled the ending for me weeks ago the ending would have been really great.
Old 11-03-2009, 07:25 PM
For Vendetta

Old 11-03-2009, 10:18 PM
No, fuck YOU

"The unborn" 6/10

Had some nice scares, but between them the movie was quite slow paced and a lil bit boring. And the ending was shite.
Old 11-03-2009, 11:43 PM
Pirate of Bengal

The Tournament (2009)

Nice action flick but the ending could be much better.

>>: B-

Up (2009)

The best of the best from Pixer. The first ten to fifteen minutes are easily the most emotionally impact portion of the entire film. Using little to no dialogue, the opening "montage" of this film tells the story of Carl and his wife Ellie, and the beautiful life that they share together. Carl is such a lovable character, that we feel for him from the very beginning. You feel the joy that he feels, and when his wife passes away, you feel his loss. By the end of the whole sequence, it turns into one of those rare celluloid moments that stays in heart forever.

A brilliant animated feature (top notch in every department) with a pure heart & soul that shares an adventure truly for all ages.

>>: A+