Old 06-04-2009, 04:48 PM
That fucking Guy...

Or what if...the space jockey was a device that rendered all who witness it and wonder "what the fuck is that" unconscious, grabbing them and cloning them at that precise moment to keep the originals in stasis for study purposes while sending out their cloned counterparts into the world to see how well their collected/engineered aliens do as a weapon without destroying the original life?
Then the derelict ship crashes on the planet after being automatically pulled back there, they all wake up and they're in the midst of an Alien/whatever made the space jockey war.

Seriously though, I cant remember any scene with this thing in it whatsoever.
Old 06-05-2009, 01:09 PM
Ziggy Played Guitar

Send a message via MSN to ferretchucker Send a message via Skype™ to ferretchucker
It was quite short. They just walk past it.

The Ferrets like it...
Old 06-05-2009, 11:47 PM
That fucking Guy...

Man, I'd be touching it n'shit...no wonder it never stuck...
Old 06-06-2009, 12:03 AM
For Vendetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferretchucker View Post
It was quite short. They just walk past it.
On the contrary...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheebacheeba View Post
Man, I'd be touching it n'shit...no wonder it never stuck...
They did all that, and more...

Old 07-31-2009, 09:16 AM
For Vendetta

Get ready to jump around and whoop in joy!!

After months of speculation, Variety is reporting that the Alien prequel is definitely on, with original Alien helmer Ridley Scott set to direct.

Twentieth Century Fox has also hired Jon Spaihts to write the script, which will precede the first Alien.

Spaihts got the job after pitching the studio and Scott Free, which will produce the film.

The film is set up to be a prequel to the groundbreaking 1979 film that Scott directed.
It will precede that film, in which the crew of a commercial towing ship returning to Earth is awakened and sent to respond to a distress signal from a nearby planetoid. The crew discovers too late that the signal generated by an empty ship was meant to warn them.

The deal gives Fox another chance to keep the "Alien" franchise alive.
There were three sequels to Scott's original, but it is the first time the director has set his mind on directing one.

Spaihts has also worked on the upcoming sci-fi flick Shadow 19 starring Keanu Reeves, and will rewrite Timur Bekmambetov's The Darkest Hour.

It is the first Alien movie Ridley Scott has been directly involved in since the original, with Carl Rinsch previously linked to direct the project.

Last edited by _____V_____; 07-31-2009 at 09:26 AM.
Old 08-03-2009, 02:34 PM
Token Black Guy

I figured the space jockey was actually part of the ship, maybe the pilot, with just enough biological parts to be a host for the alien.
Old 08-03-2009, 04:22 PM
Misfit

Send a message via AIM to Posher778 Send a message via MSN to Posher778 Send a message via Yahoo to Posher778
Erk... No prequel please. The primary aspect that made Alien scary was the unknown. Seems like he's going to give too much away in a prequel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by X¤MurderDoll¤X View Post
oh posher, I love you.

well as much as a girl can love a squirrely little girly man I suppose.

None of this is real
Old 08-07-2009, 12:12 PM
destroyerofcutethings69

Re: "Alien" - The Prequel

Ridley Scott actually lined up to direct now. Should be interesting to see him retake the helm after the series has been passed through so many directors.
Old 10-04-2009, 10:48 AM
For Vendetta

Sigourney Weaver has spoken about the upcoming Alien Prequel on SciFi Squad. It's doubtful she'll play any role in the prequel.

She says Ripley couldn't appear in a prequel because her first encounter with the creature is in Alien. But she's happy that Ridley Scott is producing it.

Do you have any interest in being part of the planned Alien prequel movie, or appearing in the franchise ever again?

Well, I don't think that Ripley could appear in an Alien prequel because she doesn't have any access to the creature until the first Alien. But Ridley (Scott) is producing it and that makes me happy. I wasn't thrilled with the whole Alien Vs. Predator thing. I never saw them, but one of the reasons I died in (Alien) 3 was to not have anything to do with those (laughs). Just because, you know, I think it just seemed so economically motivated somehow. I feel we did four good movies, and I'm content with that. I hope if they do something new, they will encompass the idea of where the alien first came from, because I think that's an interesting idea -- to find out what happened and "how did it get to us?"
Old 10-04-2009, 11:40 AM
Fresh Killer

Send a message via MSN to Lowrie Productions
*shakes head*

the only good thing that seems to come from this is that Ridley is involved

will be approached with caution