Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > True Crime
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 07-01-2005, 04:05 PM
Umbra Asylum

Send a message via Yahoo to bloodrayne
Son Kills Parents...Goes On Shopping Spree

Son Gets Life For Killing Parents

Brian Blackwell used his parents' credit cards for a spending spree

England - A public schoolboy who admitted killing his parents before using their credit cards to fund a £30,000 spending spree has been jailed for life.

Brian Blackwell, 19, stabbed his father Sydney, 72, and mother Jacqueline, 61, at their home in Melling, Merseyside, Liverpool Crown Court was told.

Their bodies were found in September 2004, weeks after the attack.

Blackwell admitted manslaughter with diminished responsibility. He suffers "narcissistic personality disorder".

The court was told a post-mortem examination revealed his parents had been killed at their home some time in July 2004.

Blackwell was arrested at the home of his girlfriend in Childwall, Liverpool, in September 2004.

An only child described as an "exemplary student", he had studied A-Levels at the £7,000-a-year Liverpool College and was weeks away from starting a degree in medicine at Nottingham University.

Blackwell's personality disorder meant he fantasised about unlimited success, power and brilliance.

He falsely claimed he was a professional tennis player and applied for 13 credit cards in his father's name to fund his fantasies.

Decomposed Bodies

After battering and stabbing his parents, he went on holiday to the US with his girlfriend Amal Saba, where his excesses included spending £2,200 on a three-night stay in the Presidential Suite of the Plaza Hotel in New York.

When he returned home on 12 August he stayed with his girlfriend's parents claiming he was locked out of his house until his parents returned "from holiday".

One week later, he learned he had obtained A grades in his maths, chemistry, biology and Spanish A levels and was accepted into Nottingham University.

His parents' neighbours were originally not suspicious about their disappearance as the couple frequently went to Spain on holiday.

But their decomposed bodies were discovered after a neighbour called at their three-bedroomed bungalow and noticed an unusual smell.

Their extensive injuries led police to believe at first that they may have been shot.

The couple had high expectations for their son, telling people he was destined to become "not just a doctor - a surgeon".

Pathological Disorder

David Steer QC, prosecuting, said there was nothing to indicate that he had premeditated the killings.

He told the court that sufferers of narcissistic personality disorder typically flew into a rage if their fantasy world was challenged or threatened.

He said the killings could have been linked to the trip he was planning with his girlfriend. Mr Steer said Blackwell's rage may have been prompted by his parents discovering his travel plans and thwarting them.

He described Blackwell as "a highly abnormal young man".

We cannot begin to imagine the distress and pain that these terrible deaths have caused

"It is also a diagnosis that is very rarely used for someone as young as Brian Blackwell," said Mr Steer.

Speaking outside the court, Det Chf Insp Mike Keogh, of Merseyside Police said officers could "not begin to imagine the distress and pain that these terrible deaths have caused".

"This has been a very tragic case involving the death of a mother and father, leaving the remaining family shattered," he said.

"Throughout this investigation we have found almost overwhelming evidence of two caring parents who doted on their son Brian and had ambitions only for him to fulfil his undoubted potential."

My Karma ran over my Dogma

God WAS my co-pilot...But, we crashed in the mountains and...I had to eat him

I'm suffocating in what's become of me...
The rancid remains of what I used to be
Old 07-01-2005, 04:37 PM
Banned

why the fuck would you father a child at age 53 ???
Old 07-08-2005, 09:05 AM
I'M 37!!!

This kid is one sick son of a bitch! He deserves to be in jail for life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferretchucker View Post
It's not rape if you shout suprise!
Old 07-08-2005, 10:59 AM
I Am Violence

shopping spree? .. i just killed my dad and now im goingfor a new pair of shoes alright!
Old 07-13-2005, 10:04 AM
Evil Dead

scaryminda15

yeah how stupid can you be the police can track it like duh. and it isn't right i would at least buy a outfit with shoes ha just kidding.!!!