Old 02-19-2005, 05:02 AM
The Dork Knight

Quote:
Originally posted by Gojira
I bet you most fans here who bash remakes are under the age of 30 and probley dont know that the Hunchback of Norte Dame 1923 Count Dracula 1931 Frankenstien 1931 are all remakes.
you've been here for a about a month(I think) so trust me everybody knows this by now.
Old 02-19-2005, 09:35 AM
Evil Dead

Send a message via AIM to Gojira
Austin if every board member knew that remakes are not bad then there would not be any bashing comments on remakes. You just have to remind those who dont know every once in a while. Of course not all remakes are good but some are very good. You know I would like to see posts about remakes that are good
Old 02-19-2005, 11:09 AM
Wolfenbabe666

remakes

I think remakes are sometimes cooler than the original, but I always have the urge to be loyal to the first one. If you think of them as being two completely different movies, it helps.
Old 02-19-2005, 04:29 PM
Evil Dead

Send a message via AIM to Gojira
I think a good reason for a movie to be remade is if the original was not very good. Or in the case of the KingKong movie in 1976 that was not so much a remake as it was an adaptation a retelling of the Kong story. The question is why remake a movie at all if the original is a masterpiece like Kingkong 1933. I know many Kong fans are excited about Peter Jacksons remake of KingKong that opens next december. But why remake the movie in the 1st place? Dont get me wrong I like Kong and I think a remake might be a good idea then again someone thought a few years back a remake of Mighty Joe Young was a good idea was it?
Old 02-19-2005, 04:36 PM
Evil Dead

Cool Re: remakes

Quote:
Originally posted by Wolfenbabe666
I think remakes are sometimes cooler than the original, but I always have the urge to be loyal to the first one. If you think of them as being two completely different movies, it helps.

I agree. I think people should give all movies a chance and judge them on their own merits.