Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > Books & Fiction Writing
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 01-27-2004, 11:09 AM
Evil Dead

I need help from serious Asian fans...

I need info about Thomas Wessier. He's supposed to be THE man when it comes to books about Asian cult cinema, so I was wondering if anyone has read his stuff and knows if he's reliable. He has a spaghetti Western book out I want to buy but it's 50 bucks and I don't want to spend that kind of dough on someone I'm not familiar with. Can anyone help me out?
Old 01-27-2004, 07:23 PM
Evil Dead

An old friend used to loan me his books about Asian cult movies - I don't know if any of them were by Wessier or not. Do you have a link to the book or anything like that?
Old 01-28-2004, 09:18 PM
Evil Dead

No. I found the book at Amazon.com after I saw it mentioned in The Pocket Essentials: Spaghatti Westerns.
Old 01-29-2004, 03:56 AM
Evil Dead

For some reason I couldn't find him in an Amazon author search... anyway, I had read Wessier's Japanese Cinema: The Essential Handbook and his Asian Cult Cinema. Both were pretty informative to me - a relative novice. However, the Amazon user reviews of all of his books are full of people claiming inaccuracies .

Guess you might have to fill out the first user review of the Spaghetti Western book. Good luck.
Old 01-29-2004, 09:29 AM
Evil Dead

Thanx for the info. I just ordered the damn spaghetti Western book so I hope it's worth 50 bucks (being a film geek can be expensive). I'll leave a review at Amazon after I flip through it. It's got 566 listings, so that should at least be helpful.

Again, thanx for the help.