Old 05-07-2012, 09:24 AM
Demon from Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfear View Post
Not as much as I like. I'm a collector reader (meaning I buy more than I'll ever be able to read) and have been building my collection, by now some would call it a library if I had it organized, since 1965 or '66. Can't help myself. It might even be a disease. But it makes me happy.
I know what you mean, I have the same hobby/disease, lol. As long as we're happy right. :D
Old 05-07-2012, 10:47 PM
Banned

while were talking about our book lifes,id say that im a collector but never get at most about 8 behind in my slowly growing libary.Id only buy a book a month unless i go to a market or something and find good stuff.mainly coz i only get through a book within a monthI also rearly pay over 5 bux nz for a book which is allgood coz new books and new versions of books allways seem to have big writing(i suppose so they dont have to another version for eye problem people)and are big books to hold.i dont mind the old style little ones ,usually have cheesey art work on the cover too..cant stand e books,only one i ever got was off tim miller off this forum,coz it was free.and finally i dont find stephen kings books very scary at all,good writer,but not a scary one,and worse is guys who try and imitate him

Last edited by wizard of gore; 05-07-2012 at 10:49 PM.
Old 05-11-2012, 04:28 PM
Wanna Join?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizard of gore View Post
while were talking about our book lifes,id say that im a collector but never get at most about 8 behind in my slowly growing libary.Id only buy a book a month unless i go to a market or something and find good stuff.mainly coz i only get through a book within a monthI also rearly pay over 5 bux nz for a book which is allgood coz new books and new versions of books allways seem to have big writing(i suppose so they dont have to another version for eye problem people)and are big books to hold.i dont mind the old style little ones ,usually have cheesey art work on the cover too..cant stand e books,only one i ever got was off tim miller off this forum,coz it was free.and finally i dont find stephen kings books very scary at all,good writer,but not a scary one,and worse is guys who try and imitate him
I love older paperbacks especially with "cheesey" artwork. The cheesier the better, but I mean that in a good way. How some covers get picked nowadays is beyond my ability to explain or understand.

"Within the framework of most horror tales we find a moral code so strong it would make a Puritan smile." Stephen King, DANSE MACABRE
Old 05-13-2012, 11:15 AM
Demon from Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizard of gore View Post
To each there own, I happen to find King very scary at times and feel that most modern horror writers and there works are heavily influenced by him, just like most are heavily influenced by Lovecraft as well. Lately it has been Lovecraft that writers (especially of the bizarro fiction) are imitating.
Old 05-16-2012, 05:20 PM
Scares Little Kids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Gray View Post
To each there own, I happen to find King very scary at times and feel that most modern horror writers and there works are heavily influenced by him, just like most are heavily influenced by Lovecraft as well. Lately it has been Lovecraft that writers (especially of the bizarro fiction) are imitating.

Ive read alot of King...
I loved some books, and i hated some of his others.
Favorites are probably...The Stand
Eyes of the Dragon
The Gunslinger
Wizard and Glass
The Shining
Insomnia
The Talisman
The Long Walk

Haven't been a huge fan of his newer works...but am crossing my fingers before i read Wind through the Keyhole
Old 05-16-2012, 10:17 PM
Demon from Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clockworkedorange View Post
Ive read alot of King...
I loved some books, and i hated some of his others.
Favorites are probably...The Stand
Eyes of the Dragon
The Gunslinger
Wizard and Glass
The Shining
Insomnia
The Talisman
The Long Walk

Haven't been a huge fan of his newer works...but am crossing my fingers before i read Wind through the Keyhole
You named a few of my favorites: The Stand, The Shining, The Talisman, Insomnia, and the two Dark Tower books. I would add to that IT, Pet Semetary, Salem's Lot, Misery, Gerald's Game, Bag of Bones, Needful Things, Different Seasons, From a Buick 8 (I know, everyone hated it but I loved it!), Full Dark No Stars, Four Past Midnight, Duma Key, Cell, Dreamcatcher, Desperation, The Green Mile, Just After Sunset, Everything's Eventual, Hearts in Atlantis, Night Shift, Skeleton Crew, and the rest of The Dark Tower books. Of course, that's just me. :)

Last edited by Bob Gray; 05-16-2012 at 10:22 PM.
Old 05-17-2012, 06:15 PM
Little Boo

The Mist has long been one of my favorites... I remember the first time I read it in The Skeleton Crew when I was 11. I've probably re-read it a dozen times since then.

And on the thread: my latest acquisition was 11/22/63, though that was a couple of months ago. Looking for a new read now.
Old 05-17-2012, 07:33 PM
Demon from Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrfancypants View Post
Looking for a new read now.
Anything in particular that you are looking for?
Old 05-17-2012, 08:18 PM
Wanna Join?

I swear several years ago I read something about King retiring. Do I need a new dictionary?

"Within the framework of most horror tales we find a moral code so strong it would make a Puritan smile." Stephen King, DANSE MACABRE
Old 05-17-2012, 08:43 PM
Demon from Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfear View Post
I swear several years ago I read something about King retiring. Do I need a new dictionary?
He did mention it after the accident, but when you have an imagination like his, how can you really retire?